270 Bee 444 45-70 PART II---OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
OK took last loads and played with them a little.

The 71 gr of RL 22 with the 270 Bee at 3285 fps shot 1.25" at 100 yds at 3.295" I sat them in further at 3.265" and voila!

3285 fps and .4" or less at 100 yds with the 150 LRAB! Who says Ultra light weights do not shoot??????

My favorite lever my 444.

300 gr Sierra at 50 yards 2150 fps 3 shots----------Lost my glasses in Greece (new ones on the way) and low power scope so ...... 50 yds for now

300 Beartooth cast at 2140 fps 444 marlin at 50 yards

45-70 with 350 Hornady FP at 2175 fps

Every group with the levers will shoot under MOA at 100 yards.

DANG! That is some nice shooting! I'll have to go back and look through my notes, I think I got up to 71 grains of RL-22, but I was right around 3100. I'm going to have to give them another try now. I tried the first round at 3.295" and everything was 3"+ so I shortened them, it didn't get much better. I might have to try them a bit longer. I have a hard time getting my head around the idea that a gun can hate a bullet that bad with four different powders.

Those lever guns are sure stacking them in there as well!

Told you this one was gonna rock!!!!

I am so done!

Outstanding!
That 270 Bee is a lazer beam. Man.
Levers are sweet too.
Great shooting! (Especially without your glasses)
Dewey

Oh, yeah, those are in the zone. You are correct that those rock.

Very nice Fotis! That is INCREDIBLE!!

Now you do make me wanna get that M70 270 WBY!! That is CRANKING!!!

Those lever gun's are awesome huh. That 350 from the 45-70 is just awesome, along with your 444.. What a great day right there.. I need to get mine out and give them some love...

FOTIS":c43allj3 said:
Thank you fellas...

You just have to love days like that Fotis! Well done buddy! I can't wait to get out and shoot again.

Gotta refine their zero's..

Great looking targets Fotis, With all you guys shooting your causing my itch to get out of control.

Great looking groups Fotis!!

That Bee is outstanding. That speed is outstanding. Those Lever guns are outstanding!

Congrats Fotis!
That's gotta make you smile!
Can't wait for my new Mod 70 in 270 Bee!
Scott

Fotis,

You are done. Go kill some critters. :)

JD338

Just spoke to a Nosler dealer here in Denmark regarding when these bullets will become available to the trade..."next year" was best guess. Currently Nosler can´t even fill up the domestic marked.

Back