26 Nosler ?

DrMike":1jm54qka said:
As soon as I can get the specs, I may do a build. Just thinking at the moment.

Hmmm. An accurate Number One, or a SWEET Model 70 or Rem 700... Any of them done well...

It's a long-range cartridge and deserves a good host action.

Guy

DrMike":31isoy5j said:
Not likely. And it won't be a Winchington, either. :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I knew that would get arise out of you. :grin: Had to have dome fun. :) Freezing rain all day and I didn't get to go out and play. :mrgreen:

Guy Miner":iz253ndf said:
DrMike":iz253ndf said:
As soon as I can get the specs, I may do a build. Just thinking at the moment.

Hmmm. An accurate Number One, or a SWEET Model 70 or Rem 700... Any of them done well...

It's a long-range cartridge and deserves a good host action.

Guy

Guy you left out the Weatherby Vanguard which is a slick action also that can be bought right reasonable. As close to an M48 as you can get. I was looking at one till I found my M70. I would buy one over the Rem 700 since it is so close to a M70 PF.

What if Nosler has thought outside the box and shortened RUM brass to 2.5"? Magnum bolt face, case capacity usually exceeds 100gr H2O however ... but naming rights to a host of cartridges from 0.264" through to 0.458" and there's probably enough shoulder in the 0.458" to satisfy commercial tolerances. Feed great from square bottomed actions, need a bit more tweaking with round bottom actions. Nosler already offers RUM brass.
Cheers...
Con

Easy now, I'm easily confused! Next thing you know, I won't know what we're talking 'bout! :)

I read this on another forum . a guy supposedly has some inside info that this is based on the 404 Jeffery case . ................

I hope it's something that we can duplicate as reloaders , and not some top secrete proprietary powder blend that only nosler has .

jimbires":2i5zs47u said:
I read this on another forum . a guy supposedly has some inside info that this is based on the 404 Jeffery case . ................

I hope it's something that we can duplicate as reloaders , and not some top secrete proprietary powder blend that only nosler has .

A guy I know that is likely to know more about this than most of us has heard it is based on the Remington SAUM case stretched longer. The SAUM was based on the 404 Jeffrey IIRC.

News Flash :!: Zach Waterman Nosler PR Manager says the rate of twist will more than likely be 1-8 to handle the 140-160 gr bullets. :mrgreen:

gerry":15817vv1 said:
jimbires":15817vv1 said:

A guy I know that is likely to know more about this than most of us has heard it is based on the Remington SAUM case stretched longer. The SAUM was based on the 404 Jeffrey IIRC.

Gerry , here is the other forum that I referred to in my previous post . nosler sure has guys talking about this one . there is a thread or three on each of the forums I read . Jim

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index. ... icseen#new

truck driver":13ggy6n1 said:
News Flash :!: Zach Waterman Nosler PR Manager says the rate of twist will more than likely be 1-8 to handle the 140-160 gr bullets. :mrgreen:

Whoa, that'll get alot of attention...

jimbires":18vllked said:
gerry":18vllked said:
jimbires":18vllked said:

Gerry , here is the other forum that I referred to in my previous post . nosler sure has guys talking about this one . there is a thread or three on each of the forums I read . Jim

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index. ... icseen#new

Thanks, I have been reading as much as I can about it. The guy I know says he heard from someone inside too.

A 1 in 8 twist would be the correct one and Pac Nor definitely makes them, that's what my 264 WM has on it :) Nosler picked a good company to deal with for barrels, the bore on mine looks great and has had a bunch of rounds down the tube.

I was thinking it could just be a simple 300 win mag necked down to 6.5mm, would be pretty close anyway.

Would definately get er done for an awesome LR antelope/deer rifle!!

Thanks guys - somewhere in there I missed the length of the .26 Nosler case & cartridge.

Guy

Back