RL-16 and 26 at LGS

I guess it shouldn't be too much of a shock. He got some Varget a month or two ago and it's $56/lb.
I would like to know, just out of morbid curiosity, why Alliant seems SO slow getting anything in circulation compared to Hodgdon, etc .

Ron

I fell in love with RL26 in my 270 Win shooting 130gr E-Tips. I have 4 lbs left and don’t think I’ll be buying anymore. Supply has been non-existent, and the price for Alliant powder is just too high.

I‘m not saying this is the case with all RL26 loads, but I get better accuracy and the same velocity with StaBall 6.5 loading the same E-Tip bullets in that 270. If the price came down I’d probably get more but I doubt that will happen.

My LGS got in a shipment of 1 lb RL-16 and 26 today. The first I've seen of either one in months. Brace yourselves: $59.99/lb

Ron
At that price they might as well tell me they just got a new Ferrari in priced at $240,000. I'd have no intention of buying either. That said, it's good to see that a completely MIA powder is showing up. It all helps in the long run.

I like RL17 , 26 , 33 . I'll probably be finding alternative powders . I bought Vitavuori N570 to replace RL33 . the N570 was reasonably priced for todays market .

I agree with this strategy and plan the same. Cooler heads need to prevail on this vendor “robber” mentality. There’s lots of alternatives that will perform more than satisfactorially. $55-60 a pound isn’t what I m gonna stay with no matter ‘ my love ‘ for something!! Just me.

Well, I don't like the higher prices either but paid more for the last pound of RL22 than any other powder I've ever bought. If you have a load that does well with a high dollar powder and you're not trying to burn the barrel out than yeah, I can see buying a pound or two. Dan.

I like RL17 , 26 , 33 . I'll probably be finding alternative powders .
Of the 3 I’m finding out RL17 is hard to replace apples to apples. I’m good on RL26 for sometime and RL33 also.

Back