30 nosler 185gr vld/ 180 ballistic tip

Thank you very much. I feel like I owe you.

If you can find some V570, I am pretty sure you'd really like the numbers it puts out in your 30 Nosler. It is sized about like charcoal, but danged if it isn't accurate and fast.

If you can find some V570, I am pretty sure you'd really like the numbers it puts out in your 30 Nosler. It is sized about like charcoal, but danged if it isn't accurate and fast.
I have several barrels worth of n570. I'm a fan.
I use n570 for 27 Nosler and 150gr Ballistic tips, and in 300 RUM with 230gr OTM. Outstanding velocity and accuracy.
20240120_082646.jpg20240120_082733.jpg
200yards from a hunting bag.

Might have to try it in this barrel.

Went out in -4° temps to sight in my scope with H1000 and 185 Juggernaut. 20240121_132234.jpg

Needless to say, this load is a little too warm. Going to back down a few grains.

The barrel is getting broken in and seasoned. I'm almost done firing virgin brass.
Today got out to 200yards with 185 Juggernauts and H1000. 20240211_141518.jpg
20240211_141637.jpg
In case you are wondering, I adjusted my scope after. When I shoot out my aim point I cant see a precise aim point, lol.

Well, it looks like this load is holding repetitively, which is a requirement for my OCD. Lol
20240225_143204.jpg

I could get much more velocity with RL26 or n570 but with the cost of barrel life. This H1000 is cool burning and should be stable for a big temp range. 20240225_144210.jpg
Besides, I have about 75lb I bought during Obummer years for about $35 a pound. And for some reason it's harder to get many of my cartridges to like it besides 270wby which loves it. So I need to use it.

Last edited:
Nice shooting, does the primers look like it has some some cratering? How is the bolt face, if I may ask? Primers on the right looks pretty flat. Any pressure?

Nice shooting, does the primers look like it has some some cratering? How is the bolt face, if I may ask? Primers on the right looks pretty flat. Any pressure?
Those are virgin. When I bought these Nosler cases from Midway they sent 3 different lot numbers. That one lot weighed 3.5gr more than the rest...and was 3.5 gr less water capacity. I was wanting to see what the velocity difference was. It was about 35 fps. I shot those for foulers.

This is a sloppy Savage 110 action. The firing pin hole is too large, I should get it bushed.

Those are virgin. When I bought these Nosler cases from Midway they sent 3 different lot numbers. That one lot weighed 3.5gr more than the rest...and was 3.5 gr less water capacity. I was wanting to see what the velocity difference was. It was about 35 fps. I shot those for foulers.

This is a sloppy Savage 110 action. The firing pin hole is too large, I should get it bushed.
I had my bolt bushed once for the same reason where the primer material flowed around the firing pin hole.

I had my bolt bushed once for the same reason where the primer material flowed around the firing pin hole.
That is one of the most annoying things a rifle can do in my book. Remingtons were notorious for me with this. Tikka's spoiled me.. M70's have been 50/50 for the trait.

The 180 Ballistic tip is my go to bullet for all my friends' guns. All 30-06 and 300 mags. Never recovered one from elk from 30 yards to over 400.

A buddy of mine took his 300 Win Mag to Africa with both 180 Partitions and 180 gr Ballistic Tips. He ended up using the Ballistic Tips for almost everything. He and his PH both thought that they killed quicker than the Partitions.

I sure have had great results from the 165 gr Ballistic Tips and my 30-06 over the years.

Guy

Guy - I came to the same conclusion as your friend concerning Nosler Partitions ... I had too many hits result in core separation & switched to Ballistic Tips first then settled on Nosler's Combined Technology Ballistic Silvertip's & never looked back.

Back