130 Accubond-YIKES!!!

Polaris":10pr9k5u said:
Combination of spin drift and a vertical deviation in your bore concentricity. Spin drift usually carries bullet to the left, but can impart a significant vertical component.

How can this be? most barrels are RH twist?
RR

Kinda what I was thinking...

Anyways RR, I love that 6.5 Gibbs of yours. It is set up so nice for that type of hunting/shooting.

If I remember correctly, the 6.5 gibbs is a 270 necked down and improved with the shoulder/neck right?? Your really getting all the performance out of it with that long bbl too.

I cant wait to shoot my 264 out so I can screw a 28" pipe on her :)

thanks rem, when the average folks see what a long barrel can do for velocity, everybody will want long tubes on the screamers.
and your correct, its a 270 necked down, 35 degree shoulder thats pushed forward about 1/8th inch leaving a .270 neck length, and body taper removed.
RR

How is forming the Gibbs RR? Is it about like making an Ackley? Just wondering. Not alot of Gibbs guys but man, what a great looking cartridge. Scotty

scotty,
neck it to a crush fit, add 11 gr of unique, fill with corn meal, plug with a piece of toilet paper or paper towel, keep barrel pointed downward and fireform.....watch barrel heat, then load to full power
RR

Sounds easy enough. Not too much different than an Ackley.

Very cool cartridge RR. I have read a little about the Gibbs, just never got one. Scotty

had a long day yesterday. Got my left and right mixed up. Seems the only possible explanation for the rifle defying physical laws is a vertical component to velocity being caused by something. Just a hunch I guess.

Back