Quarterbore on Steriods: 257 Roy range report

FOTIS":1gu6wlha said:
Whatever you do do not burn the stock!

Or do... that "burn" would be the "fire" I need to get a worthy replacement!

6mm Remington":1jvtpmj7 said:
I see why he pulled those two waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of the group. Smoke got in his eyes! :p :grin:

I know you were joking here, but I did note an interesting mistake on my part that may have opened up that one Barnes group. Not only did some resized RP 7mm Bee brass get mixed in there, but I somehow primed it w/ a Win LR-M. I am thinking that perhaps the fact that 2 of those 3 were Normas primed w/ CCI250s and 1 was and RP-7mm WM primed w/ a Win LRM that it could explain the "toss" that opened it up.

I'm told that the driving bands on the TTSX allow for better velocities with that bullet than with the Etips, but that remains to be seen.

Either way, the fact that I'm getting Etip seconds at half the cost of the TTSXs will certainly come to bear on which projectile I run with.

I'll definately post results here when I run the same loads over the chrono and test these projectiles w/ IMR-7828SSC.

I hope y'all enjoy our weekend celebration of the birth of the greatest nation in the history of the world!

FOTIS":1o45m48l said:
The Bee hive becomes reality at 3 bees or more....

My rule!

Is that three Weatherby rifles, or three rifles chambered in Weatherby rounds? If the second, I'm almost there. If the first, I may never make it. (Remington 700s in .257 and .300, like to add a 7mm and .340)

On second thought, do Vanguards count? :mrgreen:

YUP they do.....

Unfortunately it takes a Mark V to become a Queen Bee.

The rest are Worker bees!

Man where do I come up with this stuff? I need help!

cheerleader.gif

sHa_thumbsup.gif

sSp_balloonsmilies.gif

Man where do I come up with this stuff? I need help!

Quiet day at the office? An idle mind is a terrible weapon against reason. :mrgreen:

Very very quite day at the office.

No maneuvers scheduled for any of my birds! :(

FOTIS":1eum222e said:
YUP they do.....

I don't know, I always figured the "queen" would be the Lasermark with all that carving and inlet ivory and whatnot.

Wait... you said it takes a Mark V to BE a queen? Or did you mean that a Mark V IS a queen?

Knowing the connotation of queen these days, and that you have a few Mark Vs, I'll assume you meant the latter and NOT the former :lol: !!!!!!

The more I think about this, the more I wonder why I shouldn't pick up a 340 Weatherby barrel for a Savage 110 action I have lying around...

Happy 4th all!

efw,

Do it!
The 340 Wby is pretty impressive and a true long range hammer. Load the 338 250 gr AB with a BC of .575 at 2900 fps and hold on. :mrgreen: FWIW, you shot my 338 RUM with those wonderful 250 gr AB's at 2980 fps. :grin:

JD338

efw,

I like that stock A LOT! It would give the 257 Bee that sexy sting look!

Change the barrel to 26" and drilled for 338 RUM.
I have several loads that are plug and play. You will love the down range performance of the big 338's!
In fact, I will bring my 338 RUM out on our next range session. :wink:

JD338

That stock looks awesome. It will look excellent on your 257!

I agree with Jim, those big 338's are just awesome. Scotty

efw":n4gjzogd said:
FOTIS":n4gjzogd said:
YUP they do.....

I don't know, I always figured the "queen" would be the Lasermark with all that carving and inlet ivory and whatnot.

Wait... you said it takes a Mark V to BE a queen? Or did you mean that a Mark V IS a queen?

Knowing the connotation of queen these days, and that you have a few Mark Vs, I'll assume you meant the latter and NOT the former :lol: !!!!!!

The more I think about this, the more I wonder why I shouldn't pick up a 340 Weatherby barrel for a Savage 110 action I have lying around...

Happy 4th all!

It takes a Mark V to BE a queen bee~!

Like my 378 Bee? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pix864245749.jpg

pix491524304.jpg

pix107756056.jpg

I had a "thing" for two firearms (and their pictures hanging on my wall) when I was a kid.

One was the Lasermark and the other was Colt's Delta Elite.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

efw":2ac3v2fw said:
I had a "thing" for two firearms (and their pictures hanging on my wall) when I was a kid.

One was the Lasermark and the other was Colt's Delta Elite.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classicmark and Delta Elite for me. Although I wasn't that young.

Back