8mm Rem Mag Load and Ranger report #3

Full length bedding my 8mm Rem Mag

Expanding the recoil lug area.

file-24.jpg

Doing my final sanding of the barrel channel after expanding the recoil lug area.

file-25.jpg

The recoil area lug area turned out nice and there is now no movement like I experienced before I bedded the stock. Still have to trim a bit and clean it up some.

file-23.jpg

The stock needs set for another 12 hours and I will put the barrel in sometime tomorrow morning and then Monday morning will go and see how it shoots.

You tinkerer you! Free floated or pressure bedded?

Good luck buddy!

FOTIS":2melvzfp said:
You tinkerer you! Free floated or pressure bedded?

Good luck buddy!

Full length pressure bedding of the stock to keep water and mud from freezing in the barrel channel since some of my hunts end up being in nasty places and conditions, sealing the inside of my complete stock from weather.

Looks good Mike. Should make the rifle more consistent overall, from day to day. I know every single one of my rifles have done much better after bedding them.

I am sure it will. Done correctly it makes a good thing better.

Well, the full bedding didn't improve the groups but is as good as they were. Here is a sample target. Also, this ends my work for now with the 8mm Rem Mag unless I take something this season with the rifle.

file-26.jpg

Might not overall improve upon your groups, but it should make them more consistent.. If it does that every single time, it was time well spent Mike.

Mike,
That looks real good from where I am. Good Job Buddy. Wishing you success this Hunting Season.

Don

Thanks guys, I hope you all have a great hunting season.

Mike, that looks as if your rifle is set to roll. I'm with Scotty on this; I would imagine that you introduce a measure of consistency with your bedding.

DrMike":228zh3r4 said:
Mike, that looks as if your rifle is set to roll. I'm with Scotty on this; I would imagine that you introduce a measure of consistency with your bedding.
Yes, there was but not quit as much as I would have liked but it will do until I build next season an 8mm Rem Mag to my specifications. I do truly like the 8mm Rem Mag.

Back