280AI

wildgene":3h3sludo said:
"Shoot, shoot to kill, kill 'em all!!!, then dredge 'em, brown 'em, & roast 'em w/ mushroom gravy...

Well said, my good man. Now please move aside so I can help myself to some fine victuals.

BP736":jbsd743k said:
My best load is:
Nosler Brass
63.0 gr RL22
140 Gr. Nosler AB
Rem. 9 1/2 primer
COAL 3.405
3225 fps (chrongraphed)
The 140 AB is the only bullet I've used. RL22 is by far the best powder I have used. My rifle has a 25 1/2" barrel which probably helps a little with the velocity.
BP

I can't even shoot like that by accident. Seriously...that's some fine shooting right there!

Well we are Elk Hunting :wink: not seeing ant Elk but have seen a pile of Moose :mrgreen:.
Actually a couple of good 140 class Whitetail bucks as well. :mrgreen:.
Maybe tonight!!

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":2ayx1zge said:
Well we are Elk Hunting :wink: not seeing ant Elk but have seen a pile of Moose :mrgreen:.
Actually a couple of good 140 class Whitetail bucks as well. :mrgreen:.
Maybe tonight!!

Blessings,
Dan

Good luck Dan.
Hope you can score tonight.

JD338

Thank you for all the good fortune :wink: ! Tuesday night we connected on 3 Elk a three year old Bull & two young cows. I was not the shooter but that is part of hunting.
We got them at last light & by the time we got them out, field dressed & skinned it was touching 3:00am Wednesday morning. It was a real lot of hard work as one of the guys badly sprained his ankle, another was sick in bed :( & my cousin is just getting over back surgery.so it was up to my younger brother who has only been hunting a few years & does not have much experience. So it was left almost exclusively too me :shock:. Well I dulled three knives but got er done!!
Had all three to the butcher's 40 miles away by 1:00pm Wendesday.
Actually I am sitting in my blind as I post :lol:!!
PS. Caring my 280AI But have not drawn blood yet! Great time is being had, also sorry no photos :evil:.

Blessings,
Dan

Congrats Dan! That's a lot of meat! Well done buddy.

Hoping your time comes soon. I know that 280 is raring to get a notch.

Congrats to the hunters and best of luck to you in notching a tag.
I'll bet you could use an Epsom salt bath, huh? Here's hoping you dull that blade again soonest.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Here's a spike elk Dan's group took last evening. Dan reports that he is the only one with an unfilled tag.

Thank you so much DrMike. My friend that saw what my 35 Whelen did was impressed so he bought one this year & he dropped this Spiker at right around 250 yards. He is using 200gr Coreloks I believe.
Well I am back home as I promised to help with a Wedding today & I will be back up there by noon Monday for another 3 or 4 days :mrgreen:!!
That new 280AI is going to put the Hammer down soon :lol:!
Blessings,
Dan

Good luck Dan. Hope your able to score in the next hunt. Great news about the Whelen counting coup yet again. It's great your spreading the Whelen word to the Northland!

Thanks guys for all the support. DrMike once hunting is over I am going to start the process for that Moose hunt next fall with you my friend. I have told the group that I may not be doing next year's Elk hunt :wink:.
I sure hope that gerry can join. I figure three 35 Whelens may put the fear into a Moose or two 8)!

Blessings,
Dan

Dan, your group is doing great. I'm pulling for you to fill
your tag. The 280 AI is going to hammer one.

JD338

Back