Wyoming Moose & Antelope w/ photo's

c-ne-elk

Beginner
Feb 2, 2006
Here is a photo of my recent moose adventure in Wyoming and my moose doing the Nosler nap! 180 grain Partition out of a Remington 700 AWR chambered in .300 Weatherby Mag. 3 complete pass thru's at a distance we won't get into so we won't start a debate, any one would have done the job but boy can a moose take the lead!

DaMoose.jpg

Spent a few days prior to the moose hunt to chase around some goats. 140 grain AccuBond out of a .270 WSM did the ticket at 374 ranged yards for the 15 inch goat. He took one step and went down for the count.

Tomsgoat.jpg

c-ne-elk

Welcome to the forum.
Congratulations on your moose and goat! Both are beautiful trophies.
What kind of spread on your bull moose.

JD338

That looks like an Alaskan moose! :shock: I haven't seen one that size in the "lower 48" - although I did see a pretty darned big one in Idaho last summer.

A fine pronghorn too!

Congratulations! Guy

Looks like you had a great hunt. And with drawing a moose permit in Wy you sure made good use of it. Well done.

Long

The moose had a spread of 43 5/8", scored 304 4/8 SCI which should put him in the top 25 of SCI. Will also make B&C once he completes his 60 day drying period. WAY MORE than I had ever hoped for. It took 9 years of preference points to draw the moose tag so was probably my once in a lifetime Shiras Moose!

c-ne-elk":1ja35h1f said:
The moose had a spread of 43 5/8", scored 304 4/8 SCI which should put him in the top 25 of SCI. Will also make B&C once he completes his 60 day drying period. WAY MORE than I had ever hoped for. It took 9 years of preference points to draw the moose tag so was probably my once in a lifetime Shiras Moose!

That is a very nice bull! What area were you hunting in WY. I have 8 preference points for moose.

JD338

WOW! What a sweet bull moose! Congrats on him & the pronghorn. It is always great seeing pictures of a successful hunt :)

Back