Why dosn't Shooters Proshop

baltz526

Handloader
Sep 25, 2005
Stock every bullet Nosler makes? When a Production run is done, insert a 10,000 bullet lot of 1sts or larger into SPS stock. Along with over runs and 2nds. Hard to have demand when there is no supply.

I would think it would be very easy to have demand without supply if you provide a good product people want to use. If there wasn't demand their supply wouldn't be short.
I just appreciate the chance to get bullets at a discounted price to try even if the supply is hit and miss.
So far they've provided enough to keep me happily busy in the reloading room.

I'm not sure what the pro shops official mission statement is but competing against the huge array of retailers that sell its products certainly can't be it.
This includes everyone from the ma and pa hometown dealers to the big online people like midway, cabelas, grafs, etc.
Just like the poster above...I'm pretty happy getting what I can at some of the very good prices at the pro shop.
I often question why some of the bargains are called blems but I'll take noslers word that they aren't quite fit for the retailers.....lol!

Kraky makes a good point. Typically manufacturers don't compete directly with their distributors or retailers.

I'm just glad that I can get my favorite bullets & brass from SPS now and again, at a good discount!

Regards, Guy

It's taken around 10 years to get to my current inventory of Nosler bullets, be it seconds or firsts. I gave the SPS watching a rest for a few years, but I'm back at it. You have to check it almost several times a day. The popular calibers and bullet types go really fast, like a matter of 30 min in some instances.

When you have a big clientele base like SPS has you can't expect much more. First come first served bases. (y)

The Problem is the Big Suppliers do not have product on its shelves. Neither do the smaller ones. Even Sportsman's warehouse in bend Oregon has very little Nosler in stock, or slots on the shelves for them. Nosler bullets was built on the back of reloaders. Now we are not a priority. Just walk into Shooters pro shop. It is no longer a reloaders mecca as it once was. My Point, If Nosler wants to keep customers they need products to buy. When a particular bullet I use takes years to find on a shelf, I tend to find a new product to fill the Nosler void.

I'll keep an eye out.

Found them at Grafs without the cannelure. Which is I think, the "normal" version of that bullet. In stock now.

Guy

Back