We must be careful ...

Kodiak

Handloader
Oct 4, 2006
I didn't know about this 'till moments ago, that Tim Hearld shot a PH on safari. Accidently of course. I don't know the details, but there was a video on Magnum Hunt Club show about it.

While after Buffalo, an animal charged the hunting party at close range and Tim Hearld tripped backwards and slightly behind the PH, discharging a .458 Win, hitting the PH in the back. He will survive, as the solid passed thru and out the shoulder area.

For all sake folks, be careful ... as many of us hunt with others .. be very careful.

Absolutely, we just had a hunter killed here in Pa deer season by another hunter in their group.

remmy1187":3tbo78ju said:
Absolutely, we just had a hunter killed here in Pa deer season by another hunter in their group.

Seems to happen every year doesn't it? I can think of nothing worse than to kill a friend while doing something that you love.

Glad the PH will be OK.
Being a Hunter Safety Instructor, I preach safety all the time.
As already been mentioned, please be careful.

JD338

I saw that video as well. Horrible. Just horrible.

It was amazing to me the PH suffered so little for that big 500 grain solid doing a thru and thru. Thank God it was an all meat hit with no bone or organ damage.

Undoubtedly, gun safety must always be uppermost in the mind of each of us who carry firearms. Still, it is a testament to the emphasis on safety that the shooting sports are among the safest activities in which one can engage.

No doubt.. I saw this show a few weeks ago. Looks like the PH lost the use of his left arm. There is a website where one can go and donate for his medical bills. In my opinion... Tim Herald should be paying his medical bills.. ALL OF THEM.

The PH was lucky that first one was a solid. I bet if it would have been a softpoint the outcome would have been different.

Back