UN arms treaty

big rifle man

Handloader
Dec 21, 2005
The treaty is supposed to be signed on the 27th of this month. Obama says it definitely will be signed. This is his coming in under the radar. Both the senate and the house have said they will not ratify it, but the funny thing is the senate and house vote do not take place until after the election. Hmmmmmm.

What is really spooking me is; that, under Obama's editorial thumb, the major media is not printing a word about this issue. Our press is acting just like the press in India and China when I was working over there. When Supreme Ruler or the Politboro decide that the people can know, the story is written and not before. This same type of press control is happening here now.

I think that the US Senate is part of the plot, why wouldn't John McCain discuss Obama's not being properly vetted properly for President, his associations with known Communists, or his records being legally sealed (costing $3 million) before Obama ran for President. WND.com printed a story this week about the wealthy Republicans in the Senate's silence on issues of Constitutional Freedom and Obama Executive orders which violate the Constitution of this country.

Hold on to your chairs guys, I think that we have been sold out! The only hope for personal freedom is the defeat of Obama in November. The recent TV press leak on Infrastructure rebuilding contracts being given to Chinese construction firms illegally, may be the key to swinging the 20 million union vote in this country and may swing the election away from Obama?

Why should a bunch of Poppen Jay Peacocks from the armpits of the third world be telling us how to run our country? Scatter them and send them running back to their despotic sewers of which they have the temerity to call countries!

If you look into the voting records of the UN, most of those 3rd world countries vote AGAINST the USA 75-80% of the time.
We don't need them for gun control or anything. I wish the USA would tell the UN to shove off.

JD338

From the I.J. Review on a USA Today article.

Update: UN ‘Small Arms Treaty’ Fails
Kevin Danielsen July 28, 2012 12:26 pm

The UN ‘small arms treaty’ was highly anticipated among liberals and anti-gun groups, as it provided a fantastic way to get around the 2nd Amendment in order to implement strict gun control through a UN mandate. However, gun rights are fiercely defended in the US. Most politicians that attempt to implement gun-control laws can only do so in extremely liberal districts, or they often don’t see a second term in office. Normally, having a ‘pro-2nd Amendment’ leaning, is to err on the side off caution for many on Capitol Hill (that, or simply stay silent on the issue); however, given that conservatives in the US have been angered against the policies and recent speeches of the Obama administration, this could be one reason why the US was perhaps the first to back out of the treaty. USA Today reports:

Hopes had been raised that agreement could be reached on a revised treaty text that closed some major loopholes by Friday’s deadline for action. But the U.S. announced Friday morning that it needed more time to consider the proposed treaty — and Russia and China then also asked for more time.”

The fact that the US unraveled support for the treaty could be a good indication of two things:
1.First, it hints that Barack Obama is growing desperate enough during this campaign to back out of a UN treaty that parallels his own personal aspirations for America. This is something for which liberals have been salivating for years, and the President was too timid to deliver.
2.Second, it shows that the conservative voice has been heard, loud and clear. If the President hopes to have a prayer at winning in November, then he cannot touch this issue.

However, many in the UN are simply seeing these talks as a mere ‘setback’, and will reopen the discussion. The report states:

He said there are several options for moving forward in the General Assembly which will be considered over the summer, before the world body’s new session begins in September.”

This UN treaty still has a heartbeat. The US State Department was unwilling to follow through on its promises this time, however, many countries are still eagerly hoping to ratify it.

Charlie, I see Obama waiting till after the election before he moves ahead with his plan. If he wins he'll sign it come hell or high water. If he loses he is going to be a loose cannon for roughly two months.

The duty of every citizen who is not a Liberally invested toad, a dead pet or an illegal alien, is to vote and get enough votes to offset these dead pets and aliens who are being registered to vote by Barry's minions. Here is LaLa land by I-5, this could be an issue because in Washington state we all vote absentee and they (the Democrats) count the votes.

You know what though, I have been reading the letters of the poisonous left in the Bellingham Herald and it is comprised of about a dozen college students at Western Washington University who are writing 99% of the letters to the editor here. Public opinion at least on that newspaper forum is not public, just ignorant, not-so-little college kids with a poisoned pen and a febrile brain, who know nothing!

They did not even know who Jothathon Pollard (the spy) was in an editorial letter today but they all thought that he should be traded to Pakistan or released from prison! This despite his being directly responsible for at least a dozen CIA agent murders in Moslem countries.

All I will say on this issue is this. Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US. Nuff said?
Paul B.
P/S: Blue helmets make great targets.

This entire fiasco grows more worrisome as more information is released. I understand that the administration pledges to honour and protect the Second Amendment. I understand that they assure people that participation will not jeopardize gun ownership. Somehow the lack of transparency in a multiplicity of issues fails to assure this watcher. It is time to contact your senator and representative (especially if he/she has a "D" following the name) registering your strong dissent from participation in the ATT.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/final-talks-global-arms-treaty-move-ahead-us-support

Fortunately, many of our Southern Senators are Blue Dog Democrats and will never vote to approve UN mandated anything, let alone gun control. It would be difficult to get 60% majority with this Senate make up, plus the Russians and other countries who make large sums from arms sales (as someone should remind Clinton that the United States does), will never sign this treaty and did not in July. That is why it collapsed. The little commie Republics like Cote d'Ivoire do not make US policy.

This is a feint and parry from Obama as he often does when he says some thing else altogether! He is such a consumate liar that it is difficult to even know what he wants! Obama also knows that the US Congress has about a much regard for the UN mandates as they do for cutting their own kneecap off!

Oldtrader3":lpagscwt said:
Why should a bunch of Poppen Jay Peacocks from the armpits of the third world be telling us how to run our country? Scatter them and send them running back to their despotic sewers of which they have the temerity to call countries!

Because "we" let them.

We may get another shot at this. I understand that Obama has contracted approximately 200,000 South American criminals and thugs to forceably disarm us after the UN Treaty to disarm us is somehow mandated? I can not imagine the reaction of most American homeowners and family men being confronted by (5) toothless, machine gun wielding thugs there to forceably (if need be) take their guns. This defies my imagination even, let alone considering a response to this unspeakable transgression of our rights! My wife says to put up, give up and shut up. I guess that will be the day that I die!

Charlie, if it ever gets to that I would venture that there may be a lot of South American criminals and thugs that wish they were some place else. My feeling is that Homeland security is the crew that is going to be banging on your door. Obama signed a Presidential directive last October that partners Homeland security with the local police. Thats food for thought. Do you remember when Obama said the military can't handle many things that go on in our own country and that we need a homeland security force. I know you remember reading about the brown shirts in the thirties. It got so bad with them that Hitler started killing them off. I hope this is just crazy thinking on my part but I can't help but think that a lot of gun owners are very concerned over the future.

That is my problem, I read an remember history, plus I was alive when the Bronshirts finally got theirs! Many people in this country only remember old eposodes of "Friends"!

Oldtrader3":33lwixs0 said:
That is my problem, I read an remember history, plus I was alive when the Brownshirts finally got theirs! Many people in this country only remember old episodes of "Friends"!

Very wisely stated.

Back