Tried RL22 this morning!!!

Good for you WT, glad to hear the rifle and load came together again for a repeat. That load will work fine at 200-300 and beyond. Heck if you have room run milk jugs filled with water out to 500-600 yards and have some fun.

OU812":vjfgtrjd said:
Good for you WT, glad to hear the rifle and load came together again for a repeat. That load will work fine at 200-300 and beyond. Heck if you have room run milk jugs filled with water out to 500-600 yards and have some fun.

For sure, seeing the targets you sent I'd hunt happily with that load. I can't wait to see it on paper out at distance. The practice with it will be the biggest part of the loads effectiveness. Great work.

I've only shot/killed game right around 375yds...in over 50 yrs of hunting! To "me", OMG, it was a long way out there1 ha. any rifle that will do a solid 1", consistently, really gives one the edge..."for 400 or less". anything beyond that, consistently, requires a level of skill/equipment/time/practice that I just never had.

I've only shot/killed game right around 375yds...in over 50 yrs of hunting! To "me", OMG, it was a long way out there1 ha. any rifle that will do a solid 1", consistently, really gives one the edge..."for 400 or less". anything beyond that, consistently, requires a level of skill/equipment/time/practice that I just never had.

WT, I would take that 67 grain load and work with the seating depth with no other changes. I test from .005 off the lands till I either get what I'm after or decide I need to try another powder. Shoot a series of groups and let this be your baseline. Now when you try different primers etc. you can get a direct comparison.
Right now my hunting load is 63 grains of IMR 4350 with the bullet seated at .045 off the lands.

WT,

What bullet and weight are you shooting?

JD338

I use 160 gr AC with R-22 between 67-68gr. Norma brass, no pressure signs. My barrel is 24 inch barrel Sako85.
This rifle likes 160gr and 168 AC. I did not play too long with 150gr bullets since 160 and 168 shoot well.

Back