RUGER AMERICAN RIFLE

Rem Jim

Handloader
Jan 7, 2012
I have ordered a Ruger AMERICAN RIFLE Model Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor - i have being thinking about building a rifle with this cartridge chambered in it but i am going to try one of these ! I really think it will be a very nice light-medium caliber - Anyone else have one or Getting one in any other cartridge :?:

Cheers :) RJ

I don't have one but everyone I know that has the Ruger American, three or five folks, has been impressed with the accuracy.
Have fun!

I've helped a couple folks set these up... I was impressed.

A .243 Carbine that shot amazing with Federal Blue Box and an "06 that shot really well several loads.
Considering the meager price tags- these rifles are a steal.

I've been hoping they would come out with a LH version but I doubt they will. I'm considering one anyway in something like a 22-250 or .243 as I need a budget, accurate rifle for a truck gun and something to take along in the boat for beavers and hogs. I've got an older Leupold 3X9 that's just waiting for a rifle to put it on.
My son is also seriously considering one in .270 for deer.
I've read a lot about how accurate they are and the bedding system does make sense. But I haven't actually got my hands on one yet to give it a once over.

I have the Ruger Hawkeye in 6.5 Creedmoor; it is a dandy rifle. The American should put a smile on your face.

I am looking at the same rifle a little ways down the line as a truck gun, and my dad is looking at the combo version in 243 for the farm.

Looks like its going to be awhile before i get her ! So i bought a Ruger American 22-250 today to get the feel of one ! I will ready when my Creedmoor gets here in 2 months or so ! LOL RJ

FOTIS":2ito4jp8 said:
Got a fast twist 223 in one. Great gun!

I'd be in for one of those or a Creedmoor. Pretty good way to try it out and see how you like them.

Any idea if the Americans could be rebarreled if needed?

SJB358":xupec97a said:
FOTIS":xupec97a said:
Got a fast twist 223 in one. Great gun!

I'd be in for one of those or a Creedmoor. Pretty good way to try it out and see how you like them.

Any idea if the Americans could be rebarreled if needed?

My Ruger American (22-250 ) will be here in a couple of days I will rip it apart and have a look and report back what i find ! :) RJ

Got it ! I will rip it a part to tonite and have a LOOK ! Picked up some Vortex Viper Low 1" LW rings today and i will mount up a Vortex 4-12 scope on it and then weight it in - :) RJ

I look forward to your review of this rifle.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Ok so i pulled it down for a LOOK - Cheaply built gun as expected :shock: :lol: - barrel is held to receiver by a barrel nut - it has no notches like a Salvage so i do not know how they tighten it up ? Trigger is a Klunky sized thing - way bigger then it needs to be ! Ajusted it to a low of just over 3 lbs with a bit of creep but not any worst then a 100 other factory triggers .Stock is a very light weight pastic - very Cheap ! But functional-soft recoil pad - Now for the Good Stuff !
Nice feel to it - points good !
Nice mag and the release is easy to use and functions excellent ! Bit of a Witch to fill the mag -its a Rotary
Short bolt lift .
Nice tang safety .
Matte black finish shows marks real easy - so does the stock too !

I mounted a 4-12 Vortex on it with Vortex Viper rings and it weights 119 oz ! Just under 7.5 lbs . not bad .
I will take some pics and post them up - Now to see how a Cheap rifle shoots :?: :roll: - i only paid $399.99 to my door for the rifle up here in Canada ! :grin:

Cheers :) RJ

One more thing - this ruger 22-250 has a 10 twist barrel instead of the 14 twist most 22-250's come with so it should shoot 60 gr + bullets much better too ! :grin: RJ

any Remarks on my Remarks of this Ruger American rifle :?: :roll: :grin: RJ

Back