Rem 7 MM SAUM

Rem Jim

Handloader
Jan 7, 2012
I am just putting together another build and its a Rem M7 SS chambered in 7MM Saum - any one shooting this cartridge and if so whats your PET load - Thks (y)

Cheers RJ

So far: 160 NAB, 60 gr H4831sc, Fed 210 Match primer, Rem brass, OAL 3.255, Ogive length with campartor 2.920. Chronographed at 2850 in a 25 inch barrell. My magazine box limits seating depth. So far 3/4" groups if I do my part. Of course your results may vary.

UPDATE ! My 7 SAUM is getting put together now - I obtained a NEW take off M700 barrel which is 24 " long instead of the 22" - i am having the Barrel straight fluted and the Bolt spiral fluted - i have a Timney trigger for it . I also have now a WildCat stock too - so in the next month or 2 i should get it done ! My scope for it is the Swarovski Z3 3-10 BRX and Talley LW rings-bases ! I am looking forward to this rifle getting done and shooting it ! (y) RJ

I am very happy with the caliber. Hope you are to. It isn't a 338 mag. But that isn't what I wanted. It has fulfilled my expectations.

Hey Jim if you need some more Norma brass here is some available. Norma stuff is getting hard to find right now here since the importer into Canada went out of business. It is a fair bit cheaper than Nosler brass in the same caliber.

http://www.x-reload.com/7mm-sa-ultra-mag/

Hmm ! Changes to the 7 Saum build the metal work is done- mounted and barrel 6 fluted and indexed ( no bolt fluting YET ) and the new stock is a B&C M7 sporter Stock - Black with Grey spider web - the trigger is a Calvin Elite Timney . The Wilcat stock is going to go on my Rem M7 SS 7mm-08 rifle to lighten it up a bunch ! I did get 100 new 7 Rsaum Remington brass and also 75 new NORMA brass too ! so i am set ! SOON i hope to shoot it ! :grin: RJ

Thks Al Never enough time and too many things to do and then that job thing ! :? always gets in the way ! lol
:wink: RJ

I hope your SAUM turns out as well as mine did. I could not be more pleased with the work the gun smith, Jerry "Custom", did on it. It is one of my most prized possessions.

Imr7828 or H1000 is supposed to work WELL in the 7 Saum - as slow as they are ! RJ

New UPdate again ! the new B&C stock went on my Rem M7 SS 7mm-08 ! LOL I bought a new in box MC EDGE stock from a fellow who never put it on his M7 - its on its way to me from manitoba So i can get shooting this Gal in the new year for sure - i have test loads ready to go ! (y) RJ

I may install the Wildcat stock now on my Rem M7 243 - :shock: lol (y) RJ

My Rem XP-100 17.5" Bartlein bbl likes two loads so far.

R-P brass
WLR primer
58.0gr IMR4451 Enduron
Nosler 150 ABLR
3.018" OAL
1/4 MOA
2825 fps

R-P brass
WLR primer
60.0gr H4831sc
Berger 168 VLD Hunting
3.035" OAL
1/2 MOA
2650+ fps

Buttermilk412, welcome aboard. You appear to be getting decent velocities and fine accuracy from your build. Have you used it hunting yet? Either of the bullets you're using should work quite well on game.

Jim, looking forward to you getting your M7 7SAUM finished and starting
the load development going. It's going to be a nice carry rifle with punch and
reach.

Buttermilk 412,
Welcome to the forum.

JD338

DrMike":1mpjuxv2 said:
Buttermilk412, welcome aboard. You appear to be getting decent velocities and fine accuracy from your build. Have you used it hunting yet? Either of the bullets you're using should work quite well on game.

I did indeed use it this last deer season to take a younger buck. I used the Nosler 150 ABLR. 10 yard shot. Deer ran 60-70 yds. Zero blood trail, with absolutely no external bleeding. Entry was bullet diameter with the shoulder being broken. Exit was just behind shoulder. Barely larger than bullet diameter.

I was surprised at the entry and exit wounds being so small. But I did have a dead deer.

Back