sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
All right I have a question if you had a choice would you take
The Zeiss or The Leica:)?
Look forward to seeing the results :)

Blessings,
Dan

You won't go wrong with either. The Leica has the controls situated on the left side; the Zeiss has the controls situated for right handers. (That should have made up your mind for you, Dan). The Zeiss is about twenty percent more expensive. Both work very well, indeed. I have the Leica, and I'm quite happy with it, other than the fact you have to be in the wrong mind to use it.

Hi Mike, my God son advised me that on a couple of other sites
It has been stated that the Leica does like the cold very much :(
But the controls being on the proper side is definitely a plus :wink:

Blessings,
Dan

Dan,

I think either one would meet your expectations.

JD338

My Leica Geovid has accompanied me afield mid-winter; it functioned perfectly. I don't know what the reference may have been. Any electronic device potentially will demonstrate some aberration during exposure to extreme cold; I have not witnessed such, however.

I use the Zeiss. Can't imagine either would be any different except for the controls.

Dan, I have a Leica 1200 thats about 7-8 years old. I've used it in below zero weather and never had a problem. It sits in my left pocket while I'm hunting.

I have the leica geovids and used them last year in cold weather with zero problems. the Zeiss will range further than the Leica due to more recent technology. I have ranged out to 1200+ with the Leica but its seems a bit more finicky than the zeiss. I do think the optics are a bit better in the Leica. all in all they are both on par with each other. if you are just looking for a straight up rangefinder I would recommend the swarovski, my buddy has one and it does range my 1990 yd target quite easily.

Hello, new guy here!
I was agonizing over this very question a couple of weeks ago, after doing a lot of research and comparing reviews, I ended up going with the Leica 1600-B. The biggest reason I chose the Leica was the smaller beam divergence, making it a little less likely to pick up ground clutter and the reticle was a little more precise for me. I have been able to range targets (power line poles) out to over 1700 yards so far in pretty bright light. I have only had the unit for a little over a week so I haven't had a chance to see how far it will range game but I'm heading for Wyoming Friday and can report back when I get back.

Bob

Bob,

Good to have you aboard. Thanks for the intel on the Leica. I'm certainly pleased with my GeoVid, and I have no doubt that the 1600 B works very well.

Welcome a board Bob, I am hoping to order my range finder this week sometime.
I have found 35 Whelen brass and will be ordering it tomorrow as well.

Blessings,
Dan

I currently have the Leica CRF1200 and love it. I tried the both of the Swarovski's and didn't really care for the binnocular type. Kinda wished I would have waited and bought the Leica CRF1600.

JD338":6h4pibj5 said:
Dan,

I think either one would meet your expectations.

JD338

Absolutely. This is Top Gun Quality....

Both are excellent units. I recently bought a Leica 1600 CFR and I am very impressed. Compact, light, fast and ranges to 1,600 yards easily, and it is not uncommon at all to get ranges to 1,900+ yards. I a very happy and impressed with this unit. I'd definitely recommend it, it has exceeded all my expectations.

My Leica 1200 has been a great piece of gear. Clear glass and ranged past 1200 yards a few times. I would like to eventually upgrade to the Zeiss RF binos.

Back