Range Day

Elkman

Handloader
Apr 4, 2010
I have been wanting to shoot for some time now but my surgeon has placed some draconian restrictions on my activities. Last week I ran a couple of strings off of my bench with my .223. The shoulder showed no ill effects at all. Sooooo today I set out my target and grabbed my .308 Remington Tactical. I had a mix of ammo (all reloads) from previous testing and figured they would be great to check out a little more recoil on the shoulder. My purpose was not accuracy but just some trigger time, checking out the prone position and the recoil. The first 3 went into a 1.49 group, I thought this was good as I have not been shooting much since last May. Next group 2.12 because I pushed one, hurrying the shot, the third was at 1.44 which made me pretty happy. The distance was 300 yards. A nice day and no ill effects at all. Next week the 7mm RM.

Glad to see that you're healing, Bill. Sounds as if you're coming along nicely.

Thank you Mike, the shoulder is going really well, I just have to be careful and patient, my first elk hunt is 5 weeks away.

Good go Bill!
I'm glad to hear this news. Best to ya' mate.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Elkman":2lsfuken said:
Thank you Mike, the shoulder is going really well, I just have to be careful and patient, my first elk hunt is 5 weeks away.
Dang , does this mean I don't get to shoot your rifles for you :?: :roll: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Really glad to here your healing and will be able to fill your tags (y)

Back