Price Gouging?

Sarcasm doesn't come across well in writing. My apologies. I don't really have anything to be bitter about though. I have more than I need of everything. To be frank, I didn't find it tasteful to be talking about plans to be a price gouger in a thread complaining about price gouging. The satire was not clear to me, that's why I asked the question if I was missing something....

desertcj":29j9r9qb said:
Sarcasm doesn't come across well in writing. My apologies. I don't really have anything to be bitter about though. I have more than I need of everything. To be frank, I didn't find it tasteful to be talking about plans to be a price gouger in a thread complaining about price gouging. The satire was not clear to me, that's why I asked the question if I was missing something....
Sorry, I’m a natural born smart arse, we’re good. It pisses me off royally as well. Seeing 9mm going for almost $1 a pop is nuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coop22250":3eo2wta1 said:
desertcj":3eo2wta1 said:
Sorry, I’m a natural born smart arse, we’re good. It pisses me off royally as well. Seeing 9mm going for almost $1 a pop is nuts!

Very well handled, Gentlemen. The prices of components are ridiculous right now to be certain. It’s honestly sad that every election year this happens and prices inflate but never go back down to what they were. From 2005-2010 I competed in high power competition heavily, I was shooting close to 600 rounds of .223 a week, I won a state title and then life, women (well Woman, she’s now my wife) came along and I sort of strayed away from the sport. But when I was shooting then, I was buying 8lbs of Varget for $70

With Hodgdon buying AA/Ramshot, things are unlikely to get better price-wise. They have an absolute hammerlock now on all the brand names except for Alliant and Norma. I would suspect this isn't also just a consumer price issue, meaning that Hodgdon may police their distributors to ensure MSRPs (think optics' market) are maintained while squeezing distributors margins with higher wholesale prices. If you're Powder Valley, et al, what is your recourse? Zero.

Stopped on way home from town and got lucky fo find Varget and H1000 for $29. A little higher than the last time I bought some but not bad considering the situation.

Here a few D-bags taking advantage. I found some US869 for my 26 Nos, should work fine.
e8f30dc90b8baa9db7e374cb01801796.jpg

6418d8a88969ef574860ff85e5217b40.jpg

coop22250":2gspymcn said:
Here a few D-bags taking advantage. I found some US869 for my 26 Nos, should work fine.
e8f30dc90b8baa9db7e374cb01801796.jpg

6418d8a88969ef574860ff85e5217b40.jpg
That's only $1.38(in powder) per round of prc [emoji1787]
I used 869 in my 6.5-300 and it worked just fine although its probably the dirtiest hodgdon powder. Great overbore velocity. 8133 lost velocity but better sd/es

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I was at the local Bass Pro snooping ammo/powder supplies. The guy told me a new ammo shipment was coming this morning. Picked up 250 9mm for $.29 per round, which is handy after having to get rid of it all to transit Canada. I feel much better not buying off GB for $.75 per round.

remingtonman_25_06":2pi59sra said:
That's insane...People need to go on strike
Theres a hoarder at our local range who just payed $1750 for 5,000 winchester small rifle primers. They were in stock at midway the next day for a short while at $170

amassi":3kl7z0sm said:
remingtonman_25_06":3kl7z0sm said:
That's insane...People need to go on strike
Theres a hoarder at our local range who just payed $1750 for 5,000 winchester small rifle primers. They were in stock at midway the next day for a short while at $170

Wow that’s unreal. I saw they were going for about $150 per 1000 now on auction sites. Crazy. I’m gonna con the old man out of a couple boxes soon ha!

Makes me happy we have local suppliers in Europe.
That's insane

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Back