Organizing the Loading Room...

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
All the different loading projects I've been doing have kept me scrambling, and I haven't been very good about cleaning up the messes... As a result I had quite the hodgepodge of bullets, primers, empty cases and loaded ammo in more or less a big heap... There was SOME organization to it, but not much.

Things are much better after spending a couple of hours on it this morning.

PLEASE don't let me buy ANY more hunting bullets! :mrgreen:

I'd have to live an extremely long life and hunt a LOT more to burn up what I've got.

Guy

I can relate but it’s darned hard to pass up a bargain on bullets. Not quite so hard now with the short supply and the inflated prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prices on this stuff only goes up.

Recommend buy low, shoot often, repeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same problem. Last summer I cleaned up, put in more shelves and reorganized. Now it’s a mess again. I have a habit of doing test loads for several guns at the same time so I’ll have more than one to chronograph during a session. I tend to not clean as I go. I also tend to buy bullets I already use and then bullets and powder I want to try and lately bullets and powder that are available even though I have plenty. I somehow managed (at least for now) to pass up some 357 mag brass that’s available because I have about 600 new pieces already.

Unfortunately being prepared for times like we are in now means way more stuff than is logical for 1 person to have at a time.

What I got in shooting supplies I couldn't go through in 10 lifetimes of hunting. Not even close. But I like to shoot.

At least “10 lifetimes”. I tend to fill the space available (and then some). Gotta try the “latest and greatest”. LOL
Duane

We built a new home 2 years ago and I finally have a very spacious well organized loading room. Plenty of counter top and more than enough cabinets to "hide" all my stuff.
Having said that, it's amazing how fast things appear on the bench instead of put away in a cabinet.
As for components, I'm in good shape as I accumulated bullets when on sale at SPS, powder and primers to support my needs and help out a friend in need.

JD338

I will not live long enough to use mine up. I am constantly cleaning up my room as I also use it for the storage of my hunting clothes, packs, boots and my daily hiking and work clothes. In addition my bowflex, treadmill, pressure tank for the well, a pile of sewing material (not mine), are cached in here. Also a lifetime supply of bullets, powder (hopefully) , primers and the like for 6 different calibers. Oh i forgot the stereo, tv, am/fm radio, and other associated "stuff". I will have it all arranged "again" , in a day or so.

Plan for today is to install yet more shelving on "my side" of our spare room for components. Like others have said for some things I have way more than I'll ever need. In these times though better to be that way than the other. Plus I find that trading for things vs trying to buy outright is much more effective in the tough times so it's nice to have surplus that you can do without when you need/want something you don't have.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back