Operation Get Home Fast!

YoteSmoker

Handloader
Oct 3, 2006
Location: Terminal at Undisclosed Location in Qatar (you military people can laugh at that)
Destination: Denver, CO USA!
Arrival Time: 5 pm Thursday 27 October (If none of the planes break--not holding my breath)
Elk/deer season opener: 4 November

It's a cool 90 degrees with a touch of humidity here today compared to 120 not very long ago. My wife told me the Denver forecaster is predicting 6-8" of snow tonight. Wow! I'm really looking forward to hunting soon but just hope I don't freeze to death.

So, we missed our first anniversary this week, the 23rd. During this deployment, I lucked out and spent about 4 months in Jordan, made a nice chunk of change and stayed in the Grand Hyatt hotel where I became a "Diamond Member". That meant that I got free drinks and food in the evening...not a bad deal.

Well, I didn't realize it but I also accumulated 120,000 reward points that equal almost a months worth of stays for free at other Hyatt hotels in the states and around the world. Pretty cool! I just booked a really nice room for the Grand Hyatt near the 16th street mall, downtown Denver for Friday night. I was planning to take the kids and her to a pumpking patch/maze/hayride on Sunday but may have to rethink that if it's gonna be really cold.

One day next week, I'll have to get 3 rifles sighted in and then get the vehicles packed for the mountains. So much to do, but can't wait to do it!

Good for you!

That sounds great. Best of luck on your hunting, and thanks for your service - even if it includes months in a luxury hotel! :grin:

Congratulations on completing your tour. Looking forward to hearing of boots on the ground in Colorado and a successful hunt. Some hump in the desert, and others serve in luxury hotels. It is all necessary. Thanks for your service.

Yote,
Glad your home safe and sound. Good luck on the hunt. Great way to bleed stress.
Russ

Randy,

Welcome home buddy. Enjoy your family time and good luck on the elk hunt.

JD338

YS- hope your home buddy! Having spent a bunch of time sleeping in the crap, a nice hotel doesn't hurt my feelings much! Heck, you gotta take the good with the bad. Hope your back home and have your rifles squared away, I know how much work it is to hustle and get your gear set up. Scotty

Back