Nosler brass?

dkmlever

Beginner
Oct 27, 2006
Been using it for a while in multiple calibers, love it!
Just got a new box of 308 Nosler brass and I could NOT get Federal match primers to seat into the primer pocket. Some got halfway in but no further, so I had to run them into the reloading die to "de-prime" them.
I did get Winchesters standard large rifle primers to seat but took some elbow grease.
Will the primer pocket "open" up with firing? I even tried to run some of them in my primer pocket cleaner machine but could not hold onto the brass it was so tight.
Ideas? Has this happened before with you?

I happens somewhat commonly that neither Federal nor CCI primers will seat readily into Nosler brass. I sometimes have to ream the pockets, and even then seating is tight. I have always been able to seat them, but they do take considerably more pressure than when using other brass.

I've only used Nosler brass in 30-06, but haven't had any problems seating GM210M Fed primers. Time will tell if I have issues with my 338RUM brass I just got.

Hmm. Hadn't run into that problem, using Nosler brass for .25-06 & .30-06 rifles. Interesting.

I've got Nosler 308 brass and have not had a problem with CCI primers. I don't doubt they are tight though and require some extra effort. I don't use anything other than CCI primers as I have so many, so maybe I'm just used to that.

I use 338 and 264 Nosler brass. Never had a problem with seating CCI250's in them. I'd bet Nosler would take care of you if you gave them a ring though.

I'm running Nosler 260 brass in the AI but use Fed210m with no issues so far. Good brass imo
hmmmm. Like Guy said, interesting

A friend bought Nosler brass for his 300 Rum and had the same issues with federal 215 primers.

Forgot to mention, typically I use the Federal 210 primers for both the .25-06 and .30-06 rifles. Now and again CCI's for the .30-06.

I had the same problem with 338 UM brass using Fed 215M. I couldnt get them to seat so I tried Win primers and they seated.

No problem with CCI primers and Nosler brass here. I use a Sinclair primer seater, if that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back