No Grizzly Draw This Spring

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
Well, just checked online and I wasn't successful in a draw for spring grizzly. Well, there is always fall. Anyone else from BC have success? Gerry?

I probably would have drawn had I remembered to apply on time :oops: In my defense we had the flu bad :lol: I guess there will still be the fall grizzly hunt. Of course going for black bears will be a given.

gerry":2ptwyhrg said:
Of course going for black bears will be a given.

Hear, hear! Yes, unlike last Fall I won't be passing on shots this year.

Mike,

Best of luck for the fall tag.

JD338

Sorry Dr Mike.
I hope you are still able to make good use of Spring and have fun doing so.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only dream of hunting a Grizzly. I should of moved West when I was younger as my heart is in the West. I hope you can draw next year DrMike.

There is another draw for fall bears. I believe I'm good for one more vigorous hunt, so either this fall or next spring I will put in for a hunt up north. My plan would be to fly in for a two-week hunt, or possibly arrange to boat in and be dropped off. The odds on several of those hunts is something like 0.5:1.0, which means a certainty that those who apply get them. I figure I need to do this before much longer as my knees are somewhat problematic. Still, I need to do this one more time.

I heard a rumor that toooo much spring grizzly meat can make your hair fall out ???? So I wouldn't worry about it anyway, but hopefully this fall they will be all fattened up on blueberrys!

My favourite time to hunt grizzly is whenever I'm in the mountains, Earle. I like spring bears and I like fall bears. Can't say that I crave grizzly meat as I do blackie meat, but it is fine. I still have a full head of hair, by the way. :mrgreen:

I am with you Mike, I like Blackies just fine in August when they have been into the blueberrys for aleast two weeks , never have tried Grizzly to be honest. But can tell you I am already getting mighty thin on top ,so you certainly have me beat on in the hair dept! Funny thing is until I was about 40 years old no one you know had thicker hair than I did ???? So I guess I just never expected it to fall out! :oops: :oops:

Hair has a way of going its own way. I do notice that when I eat a lot of bear meat that I find myself scratching against the trees each spring and craving raw oats in the fall. :shock: Wonder what that means? :?

Quite frankly DrMike has more hair on his head than he really deserves :lol: I had fall grizzly once so maybe that's my problem :roll:

gerry":9eck8o3j said:
Quite frankly DrMike has more hair on his head than he really deserves :lol: I had fall grizzly once so maybe that's my problem :roll:

Touché. :mrgreen: Can't say that I'm fussy about grizzly; but it isn't repulsive in any sense. Smoked hams are tasty.

There used to be a fad in Alaska about being deserving of taking a bears life. It involved whiskey and eating a gob of hair from the dead grizzly???? The so called" Hair of the Bear" ceremony!!! Of course the Germans have theirs that
Involves pouring the bore of the rifle full of spirits, then everyone watches as you attempt to drink it all without gaging! If you do gag it is then considered you are not deserving of taking the bears life! Some of those big 9mm
Calibers hold an awful lot of booze!

Mike & Jim, I am sorry to hear that neither of you got drawn for spring Grizzly :(. Mike you could of likely have taken that black bear we saw last September :wink: when a person sees as many black bears as you do during the course of your long season it can make us complacent at times :wink:.
Good luck to both of you in your upcoming draws (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Yes, I did see other blackies during the season, Dan. I will tag one this spring and likely tag another this fall. I won't be passing up on any this year.

Back