New Remington 700's?

View attachment 20171
Is that the factory butt pad? It just looks a little odd on that stock.
To bad the Timney trigger isnā€™t adjustable.
Itā€™s the factory pad. It feels like a Decelerator and works well. Also it has the adjustable X-Mark Pro trigger. Itā€™s a great trigger. I put a Timney on another rifle and the X-Mark is as good as the Timney.

Edit: Iā€™ll say almost as good as the Timney. This made me check them one after the other. The Timney breaks cleaner but not by a lot. So Iā€™ll have to go back on the just as good. Close, but not quite.

Last edited:
Itā€™s the factory pad. It feels like a Decelerator and works well. Also it has the adjustable X-Mark Pro trigger. Itā€™s a great trigger. I put a Timney on another rifle and the X-Mark is as good as the Timney.
I've always had a love/hate relationship with the SuperCell that Remington has used. I had one on a custom shop 7-08 (pictured below). While it was super squishy, it looks hideous because they're so large.

Attachments

• 2A1B4122-CE21-4397-8B1A-0864BB31C965.jpeg
    2A1B4122-CE21-4397-8B1A-0864BB31C965.jpeg
    786 KB · Views: 21
I do like my CDL very much. Itā€™s a new production with their higher grade steel barrels/receivers and tighter tolerances. Itā€™s a 700 CDL in 7mm Rem Mag with the hammer forged 26ā€ 1:8 twist barrel. I could go on about every little thing but here is the bottom line.

Itā€™s a very attractive rifle in my opinion, good wood/fit/blueing. I used a load thatā€™s always shot well in every 7RM Iā€™ve ever ran it through. 69 grains RL22, 3.290ā€ OAL, with a 140 grain Ballistic Tip. No exaggeration at all, I verified my boresighted Leupold 4-12x40 CDS with one round. Including that shot, the first 11 rounds straight out of the box printed 1 MOA at 100 yards. They did a fine job on the one I bought.

Edit: Itā€™s also doing quite well with Ramshot LRT and HBN coated 175gr ELD-Xā€™s. Itā€˜s a slow enough powder that it gives 2993 fps average with no overpressure signs and sub MOA groups. Iā€™m 2.8 grains below any pressure signs and experimenting with seating depth. I hope to have it sorted out by this fall.
I too would like to see a broader choice in calibers. And absolutely vital for me to even consider one is a LH model. I'd rather see it in CDL because I already have a BDL.
My BDL must have that premium steel also as it does strange things also. Like, I never need to fire a fouling shot after cleaning. I can bench the rifle and the bullet almost goes in the same hole. I can shoot a group of 5 shots until the barrel is almost to hot to hold and all shots stay in the group. I can't say that about my .300 win mag. I have shot 3 shots into the same hole, then the 4th is out of the group left far enough to show paper between the shots, the 5th is even farther to the left and the 6th is almost off the paper. Pre season I shoot it 5 shots because it needs a fouling shot, then it's good for the season.
On the other hand my BDL will go many seasons without needing to touch the scope at all.
The only problem was how bad and quick the stock would warp, but I fixed that problem.

Edit: Iā€™ll say almost as good as the Timney. This made me check them one after the other. The Timney breaks cleaner but not by a lot. So Iā€™ll have to go back on the just as good. Close, but not quite.
Ok, next time I say my factory trigger is as good as a Timney hit me over the head and bring me back to reality. I put a thin Timney Elite Hunter on the 700 and just wow. I have Timneys on a couple other rifles (bolt action and an AR) and guess I just got used to them, and spoiled. I was also in the honeymoon phase of new rifle ownership with the 700. But the X Mark Pro is too wide on your trigger finger, and no Timney. Not even close. Good factory trigger but no Timney. It doesnā€™t get much better than a crisp 2 1/2 lb trigger. Iā€™ll see if it helps the groups this weekend.

You know what, this crow ainā€™t half bad if you fix it right. Lol

Last edited:
Back