New Nosler product?

A

Anonymous

One of my favorite times of the year...endless speculation about what we'll see at SHOT in a couple of months.

Anyhow... this if from Craig Boddington's Facebook post today from Turkey...

"This is a gorgeous old billy, at or near the known record for this animal. I used a Nosler Model 48 chambered to a (very fast) new cartridge Nosler is coming out with--but I don't think I'm allowed to say what it is just yet. I used my old Zeiss 4.5-14X and had the Rapid-Z scope figured to at least 500 yards just in case"

Hmmmm... two of my favorite things.... Nosler 48 and a fast cartridge.

Now I have to know what it is!

Fascinating! Should be interesting to hear what this is all about.

I wouldn't mind having another Nosler rifle. A "very fast new cartridge" would be intriguing. Maybe a 264-378 :twisted:

I've got to admit I'm intrigued as all get out...

The stable of useful cartridges is pretty darn full from .243 to .338...but there's always room for something new it seems.

I've been hankering for a fast 7mm....maybe I'll be in luck. Maybe a stretched WSM?.... '06 Length and fat...or maybe better thought of as a "short RUM"?

Who knows...maybe Shawn will stop by and tease us with a detail or two.

Well lets see.........

no rum or anything based on the 416 rigby case has been built on the 48 to my knowledge...........YET. So that leaves from 243 win to 458 win mag family of cases including the WSM's.

1453547_639977829374048_1336101303_n.jpg

and lefty too! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I can't talk about the new cartridge yet, but I will tell you that it will be available in our new line of Nosler Rifles that will be available in 2014. :grin:

SF

New and very fast? That leaves a lot of room to speculate :) Maybe something built of the 375 Ruger case, how about a 6.5mm or even a 25 cal, I would have guessed a 6.5/280AI but don't know if that qualifies as being "very fast" Obviously it will use the ABLR bullet...... There are a zillion 7mm, 30, and 338 cal rounds out there so hopefully it will be something in 257, 264, 270 or 8mm where there aren't a lot of "very fast" rounds :)

And "sinistra" actions for those among us who qualify as lefties, as well as "droite" actions for those who use the right hand. Hmmmm. It might even entice Gerry and Dan to buy a new rifle. :mrgreen:

Had to look those up Mike :) The desire is there for a new "sinistral" actioned rifle just no $$$ these days :)

Nosler4":erms5peh said:
I can't talk about the new cartridge yet, but I will tell you that it will be available in our new line of Nosler Rifles that will be available in 2014. :grin:

SF

Hey Shawn…that's not helping…. :shock:

hodgeman":38qsrnpa said:
Nosler4":38qsrnpa said:

SF

Hey Shawn…that's not helping…. :shock:

Danged guys... Just building the anticipation! :twisted:

I am betting it'll be great though.. Can't wait to see when it is dropped. Whats the date of release?

nvbroncrider":2287eiyi said:
Nothing on SAMMI yet! A new 35 or a 6.5? That would be my guess.

My two favorites :) I hope you are right. Won't hold my breath though, the last thing we need is another 7mm, 30 or 338 since they are numerous. Legitimizing another wildcat would be cool though regardless of caliber.

What would a 6.5/280AI run a 140 with a 24-26" barrel 3200-3250? I think that would qualify as fast and new!

Back