New 270 WSM which brand?

Thanks for all the input, i have decided to go with the Winchester M70 Extreme Weather, i have got to shoulder it a few times, and i really do like the stock and the stainless fluted barrel, the only question i have is how will the clearance of the bolt be if i wanted to mount a Zeiss 4.5-14x44 (41 mm eyepiece tube diameter) scope with medium Talley light weight one piece mounts.

dezmick":vc63ze0w said:
Thanks for all the input, i have decided to go with the Winchester M70 Extreme Weather, i have got to shoulder it a few times, and i really do like the stock and the stainless fluted barrel, the only question i have is how will the clearance of the bolt be if i wanted to mount a Zeiss 4.5-14x44 (41 mm eyepiece tube diameter) scope with medium Talley light weight one piece mounts.

I would bet you could get by fine with Med's if not Low's. Great choice. I think it's their best workhorse rifle they offer.

Nice choice of firearm. Hope she shoots for you.

dezmick":220nd7di said:

That's the direction I went, rifle-wise, with my .300 WSM. It's probably going to end up with a Conquest 3-9x40 on it, though. Or maybe a VX3 3.5-10x40.

BK":2om8ah7s said:
dezmick":2om8ah7s said:

That's the direction I went, rifle-wise, with my .300 WSM. It's probably going to end up with a Conquest 3-9x40 on it, though. Or maybe a VX3 3.5-10x40.

I am thinking along those lines for my little 300 as well. I am actually having a hard time not putting a 2-10 Minox on it. The 2-10 on the 338 is pretty nice and I can't find much that cost's alot more that will beat it out.. The 3.5x10 CDS is running a solid second in my head right now..

it seems that to get that "perfect" rifle for alot of us means spending a whole bunch of money making a "compromise" a common occurrence for many - they aren't what I would personally call "perfect" but the Tikka T3 SS in a 270 or 300 WSM is a very nice AND huntable rifle for under $600 (or slightly more maybe) I've worked with 6 T3's in 270 WSM and each one I have sworn I should have kept, all shot that well with factory 130 BST's - I'm not totally sold on drop out magazines but they have their place and each will need a limbsaver pad out of the box ($35+/-) but they're lightweight, very well designed with good triggers and often phenomenal accuracy - That's IMHO .... OH, and contrary to what we've read, the scope rings fit very well and hold up just fine

Back