Meopta Meopro 8x42's

pre6422hornet

Handloader
Jan 24, 2012
Just purchased up a set of these and can't wait to look through them. I have been using Steiner predator 8x30's since 1999 with zero issues. Those Steiner's have literally been thrown around everywhere and still function superbly.

Looking forward to doing a side by side on the back deck with the Digiscope attachment. Stay tuned for pics.

I'll be looking forward to your assessment, Pat. Steiner has a good reputation for being tough and clear. The Meoptas I've looked through were certainly clear enough and they appeared to be able to take the knocks of daily use. This should be informative.

I am too Dr. A little Marine named Scotty pushed me over the edge on these. I really do like the Steiner's ALOT. I figure with my oldest daughter turning 7 this December, she could inherit them and hit the ground running with a set of binos that aren't very heavy.

I'm really looking forward to your findings as I have been looking at these very same binons myself.

Nice! Can't wait to see em.. I know I am glued to this to see what you like about em..

I purchased the Cabelas Euro HD binocs and I heard they are made by Meopta. These are a bit on the heavy side but they are clear. I bought Leupold Pinnacle and thought they were good until I got these. Interested in how Meopta compares to the others.

That's what I love about this place, always and forever being enablers.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Well they were delivered on Tuesday last week, but I am in New Mexico until Friday :(.

Can't wait to see them and get a good dusk workout on them on the field across the street with the digiscope attachment.

I know there will be quite a few eager readers when you give us your assessment and a few pictures, Pat.

While not the 8x42's, I've been using the Meopta 10x42HD's for about 1.5 yrs now. I find them to be fantastic optically, build quality, and if something ever goes wrong you can get them repaired or replaced right here in the USA (NY location). I had them side by side with my SLC HD's for about a week, and my 53 yr old eyes could see very little, if any difference. I also have the luxury of looking through all our hunter's glass that come into camp, and while there may be better, you'll be hard pressed to find it in a complete package.

I've got 7x42 Meostars, and my father has the exact same binos pat just bought.

Both are superb. I am certain you'll love these binos, Pat!

Back