Making 35 Remington brass

Now that the smoke has cleared, for what it's worth I made a 35-rem case from a 308 win. It's doable but somewhat time consuming and I wouldn't want to lose any of them:D So as for now it won't be high on my to do lists unless push comes to shove. Dan.

Is the end result that you are in need of 35 Rem brass?
I could use some but have been trying to help couple of fellow range members find some plus I wanted to see if making 35 rem brass was possible in the event it becomes impossible to find. Dan.

Circling back to this. I have found that it is easier to form 35Rem brass from 243Win. Run it thru a 260Rem, then 7mm08, 308Win then 35Rem die. This makes the neck thinner, so the neck diameter isn't too large to prevent chambering after seating a bullet. Otherwise, neck turning might be needed depending on brand or lot of brass. After final sizing, trim to length and turn or polish off the base Infront of the extraction grove. The finished product chambers fine in my rifles. Even though the rim size is slightly larger the bolt face on the Marlin and Remington has amble room to accommodate it. Not something I plan on doing very often but good knowing how to keep a good cartridge going if need be. Dan.

Back