M70 Vs M700 ?

The Model 70 has a longer magazine than the Model 700. Do take note that the Model 700 can be lengthened some, or simply replaced with an H-S (or similar) detachable magazine.

Yeah, it seems like the WSM actions can take their bullets seated out pretty far, whereas the Remingtons won't allow much over SAAMI specs. Scotty

Mike, how hard and/or expensive it is to add one those HS magazines to an M-70. Lets say one chambered in something like a 7mm STW?

Antelope_Sniper":ct317fcu said:
Mike, how hard and/or expensive it is to add one those HS magazines to an M-70. Lets say one chambered in something like a 7mm STW?

Do they even make such a thing? (Aside from the FN SPR)

The only DBM M70's I've seen were made that way from the factory. I have one.

A-S,

I believe the H-S magazine is for the Model 700. I would imagine that a detachable magazine for the Model 70 is available (CDI(?)), but I haven't actually seen those conversions, other than using Winchester supplied. You might check with Brownells for what is available.

Thanks guys. Nothing quite gets me excited like planning and starting a new build!

jmad_81":fc1os00b said:
Thanks guys. Nothing quite gets me excited like planning and starting a new build!

Jake, I am just about as excited as you to have another 270WSM shooter around here! Your rifle build sounds like it is going to be something awesome. Scotty

Back