M70 MOA trigger creep

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
I have a newer M70 Fwt 30-06 with the MOA trigger. It’s always been a really nice trigger, but I noticed it has picked up a tiny bit of creep. Probably not enough to matter in a hunting rifle where I live, but it gets under my skin. I’ve done all the adjustments I can do with the screws and it’s still creepy. I’ve never paid a smith to do a trigger job so I don’t know if I should pay a smith, or for the price just drop in a Timney or one of the others.

It came in today and man, that Timney makes a big difference! Had I not got into cleaning all the nooks and crannies on the underside of the rifle while I had it out of the stock, I think it would have only been a 7 minute job.

It came in today and man, that Timney makes a big difference! Had I not got into cleaning all the nooks and crannies on the underside of the rifle while I had it out of the stock, I think it would have only been a 7 minute job.
I can confirm this. While I have a 700 instead of a 70, my new Timney I got a few weeks ago was a legitimate 5 minute job. It’s nice not having to have slave pins and black magic to put one in

Back