Long day at the bench yesterday...

Ridgerunner665

Handloader
Oct 28, 2008
Household repairs, my job, and bush hogging the hunting grounds.... These are the things have made it hard for me to find time to load hunting ammo.

But I got it done yesterday....30 rounds for my wife's 270, 25 rounds for a friends 270, 10 rounds for my 280 Ackley.

Lol... That doesn't sound like much really.... But my wife is still using Winchester brass, I've gotten where I hate brass prep...and all 30 rounds of hers was loaded in brand new brass that had to have the full work over before being loaded.

Nolser brass has spoiled me....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm with you on brass prep! I put off more hand loading projects over preparing the brass than any other situation. Glad you got the job done, however. Perhaps it will stimulate me to complete a couple of projects that need attention.

Agree with you both on disliking brass prep. My current procedure is to try and stay ahead of reloading need by reforming 20-50 cases at a time, as time permits. For me, that usually means waiting till everyone in the house is asleep and burning the midnight oil. Probably not ideal, but necessary. Then I load them with powder and bullets as I need to later.

Brass prep is not my favorite chore either.
Glad you got it done and can focus on the hunt.
Good luck this season!

JD338

But it is a real pleasure to just take your time and put lead down range. I got kinda addicted to fishing the last couple of years, but I still love reloading and shooting.

Long

Prepping brass is a pain and the Nosler brass I have bought for my Whelen has been beautiful even the SPS blems till the last batch I bought in 7RM and I thought they were Remingtons when I opened the bag and saw how beat up they were.

truck driver":24knvuxq said:
Prepping brass is a pain and the Nosler brass I have bought for my Whelen has been beautiful even the SPS blems till the last batch I bought in 7RM and I thought they were Remingtons when I opened the bag and saw how beat up they were.

Yeah, but one shot and you're prepping again. :? Now, if I can just figure out how to circumvent that second and third time to prep the brass. Time to call the grandson over. :mrgreen:

I like saving those large case prepping chores for those cold wet days after hunting season is over.

I think it's funny, and telling, that you only loaded 10 rounds for your .280... (y)

Shows me that you're pretty doggone confident in that load, and in your shooting. Cool

Guy

Back