Left Handed Tikkas

CMBTshooter

Handloader
Jun 8, 2011
Do any of you leftys have any experience with the stainless Tikkas? I'm naturally a lefty but have been shooting right handed for awhile but I'm looking to make the switch because my right shoulder is jacked.

CMBT, the comb does not seem to fit me as I was shooting a 270WSM SS and found that it was a thumper :shock:!
I can shoot my 35 Whelen all day and everything is fine.

Blessings,
Dan

I have a LH Tikka T3 stainless lite in .308 Winchester.
Super smooth bolt. I bought it for a purpose and it serves that purpose perfect.
The addition of a Limbsaver will go a long way towards mitigating that recoil. Prefits are available. The rifle is light to start with and the recoil pad is almost solid rubber.

I bought a LH Tikka for my grandson. The action is smooth, as Tikka's are prone to be. I have not worked up a load for it yet, but I have no doubt that it will be a shooter.

...I'm shooting a T3 Lite in .300 WSM, under 7.5lbs. loaded, w/ a 4.5X16 VX-3 & sling, recoil isn't objectionable, in fact it's very manageable. Stock dimensions of the T3 are almost identical to the A-Bolt or Mod. 70 Stealth in drop, length of pull, being a little longer & wider in the fore end & very well balanced. Triggers & accuracy on the T3's I've shot outta da box have all been very good to excellent...

I bought mine halfway through deer season several years back, because my right shoulder was having a hard time holding a heavier rifle offhand. Too many injuries over the years.
Most rifles I buy during the off season, and purchase dies and components at the same time. This gives me plenty of time to work up loads. But I didn't have that luxury with the Tikka so I bought factory to get it hunting as quickly as possible. Much to my shame I am still not loading for this rifle but intend to shortly. So all my observations about accuracy are from factory loads, not tuned handloads.
I bought one box of Remington 150 gr. corlokts and one box of Hornady Custom 150 gr. Interbond. During sighting in I noticed that both these loads would put 3 shots inside a 1" square (sight in target) at 100 yards but no bullets touched.
A couple of years later I ordered a box of Hornady Superformance 150 gr. Interbonds. I also ordered a box of Superformance 165 gr. Interbonds for my .300 Win. Mag.
The Superformance in my .308 shot about 1 1/2" at 100 yards. Sometimes close to 2".
The Superformance in my .300 Winny shot worse. 2" to 3", and this in a sub 1/2 MOA rifle.
I am less than impressed with the accuracy from the Superformance loads.
But, this rifle was bought as a 100 yd. max woods rifle for deer so accuracy with all these factory loads is acceptable for the time being and have proven to be deadly.
This rifle shoots factory loads into 1" or less from a barrel that is not broken in. To me, this shows a lot of promise when I start dedicating my time to working up a good load.
I expect really good grouping from this rifle.

Great info fella's. My best friends brother is a lefty and is in the market for his first hunting rifle. I tried steering him towards a Tikka, just cause everytime I hear about one of them, it is usually accompanied with a less than 1" group from a brand new rifle with just about any ammo available. Has to be something to them.

Back