Late Season Muley

Congrats on the buck, Mike. Funny how out of season game shows up so often when hunting other species!

Nicely written account. I really enjoyed it!

Mike,

Nice buck buddy, congratulations.
The 7mm 150 gr ABLR is impressive and really puts deer down fast.
I do believe that this bullet is perfect for the 280 Rem/ 280 AI.

JD338

I also am impressed with the 150 grain ABLR in my .280. It works quite nicely to whack 'em and stack 'em. I'll be doing some more work with this just to test the limits of the load, though it is shooting pretty well right now.

I can hardly wait to work with my 280AI & the 150gr. ABLRs.
Between the guys on the forum & the load data I believe we will have the ABLRs figured out for next fall :mrgreen: then look out 8).
It should be a fun winter season :).

Blessings,
Dan

You will quickly find a load or two, Dan. Then, your AI will be singing and slinging.

Mike
Congratulations on your buck. I apparently missed your post, a great narrative, and I am sure you are already eating steaks. Enjoy

Thanks, Bill. Actually, I haven't got it back, yet. I'm having some sausage and smokies made up, which is taking a bit longer. Sometime this week, I should guess.

Dr Mike,
Congrats on the Buck, He will taste good this winter. That 280 you have is a cool rifle too.

Don

Thank you, Don; this rifle is a shooter, that's for certain. I have an emotional attachment to my Featherweight chambered in .280, but I am compelled to admit that this Remington does shoot quite well. Ultimately, I'm more loyal to accuracy than to manufacturer.

I'll tell you how it all tastes after this afternoon. Looking forward to some excellent venison.

Another excellent story Dr. Mike. Thank you for sharing. If you ever need a pack mule let me know. I would be willing to work for a fine supper :grin: ! Also, can't wait to hear about the Smokies.

I'm driving over to Pouce Coupe to pick up the meat in just a short while.

DON":2uq2rqmh said:
Dr Mike
After all it is a REMINGTON! :mrgreen:

Don

Ouch! How sharper than a serpent's tooth... Actually, one of the last good ones turned out from Ilion. It is a shooter.

Thanks, Greg. He does taste quite good. I made a chipotle macaroni with mule deer sausage last evening, and it was excellent.

Back