IMR 4831 and IMR 4350

I'm switching to IMR 4451 to replace 4350 as 4451 is reported to be more temp stable.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

muzz":3h4944ol said:
Are these powders temp stable?

I've used both over the years in the 30.06 as well as the 25 and have never experienced any temp problems with either.

Unless you are shooting at long distance, temperature stability is not a significant factor. All powders are affected by temperatures--some less so than others. Regardless of the propellant employed, it is always a good idea to check your pet load at the temperature in which you will be hunting/shooting.

DrMike":wfd21lit said:
Unless you are shooting at long distance, temperature stability is not a significant factor. All powders are affected by temperatures--some less so than others. Regardless of the propellant employed, it is always a good idea to check your pet load at the temperature in which you will be hunting/shooting.

Exactly!

JD338

I have been using IMR 4350 for well over 40 years in my 270win and for my nephew's 7mm mag. Hunting in Saskatchewan I am not sure if you can get any more extreme as I have hunting in plus 30 Celsius in September to January late Elk in minus 30 Celsius. I have never noticed a difference in my zero.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":3o7h4a3p said:
I have been using IMR 4350 for well over 40 years in my 270win and for my nephew's 7mm mag. Hunting in Saskatchewan I am not sure if you can get any more extreme as I have hunting in plus 30 Celsius in September to January late Elk in minus 30 Celsius. I have never noticed a difference in my zero. Blessings, Dan

While my temp range is not quite so extreme in the UK, I most certainly agree and have never noticed any kind of issue with either IMR4350 or IMR4831 with my .25-06.

I observed a ~60 fps delta using IMR 4350 across about a 65 degree Fahrenheit ambient temperature change, compared to just under 20 fps delta using H4350 across the same temperature differential. H4831 seems to be similarly stable, but as much as I hate to admit it I've never loaded IMR 4831.

For what it's worth.

Back