I'm liking the 110 accubond in my 25-06.

kraky

Handloader
Jan 21, 2006
Went to the range today with my 22" rem. Had some strong loads with re22 and magpro.
At 200 yds I got a 5 shot group with the re22 at 1.6"
At 200 yds I got a 4 shot group with the magpro at 1.5"...5th shot I had a called flyer that went about an inch outside left.
I was clocking 3190 with the re22 and 3140 with the magpro. I was jumping the bullet about .030" to lands.
VERY HAPPY WITH MY FIRST CRACK AT THESE COOL LITTLE SUCKERS!

Just wait until you shoot an animal with them!!! I have a few coyotes, a Wyoming Mule Deer and a Wyoming Antelope with them. They work very well. I shot the Mule Deer at just over 200 yards (running, quartering away) just behind the last rib and the bullet was lodged in the 1'st vertebrae (next to the skull). Very good penetration for such a small bullet!!!

My #1 loves them here. This goat hated them at 329 yards,

looks like you are saying your barrel is only 22" so if you have any faster powders like RL19 it may be worth a try

I know I tried to use retumbo and RL 25 with 160 AB in My 7mag and it didnt work as it has a 24" as opposed to the typicall 26"

Good luck with a good bullet

I've been having a hard time getting the 110 ABs to shoot with RL-22 and IMR 7828, then I tried a 25 year old bottle of H 4831 and wow! 5 shots at 100yds went 3/4". My Marlin XL7C 25-06 also has a 22" barrel. Jumping .010" to the rifling. Will try some different seating depths to fine tune, maybe this will end up being the best, who knows?
I was getting kind of frustrated thinking my rifle was a dog, but I guess it pays to keep trying.
Was really hoping to find a good load for the AB, because I think it will have the terminal performance on deer I'm looking for.
Still have 5 more lbs of the old stuff.

kraky

Way to go! Glad you hung in there and found a good accurate load with nice velocity. The 257 cal 110 gr AB is a great bullet.
I shot this coyote with a 110 gr AB out of my 257 Roberts.
Picture060.jpg

JD338

nitis":2mqfzcku said:
guybo I have a 700 classic as well what kind of velocity are you getting?

I honestly don't know as i've never shot it through a chrony. Man i need to get me one of those things. :)

Guybo

Nice shooting!
Those M700 Classics shoot! I know this first hand. :lol:

JD338

Back