hydro dip

Yep,
Kuiu Vias Camo on a T-3 Superlight '06 with a VX3 3.5x10 CDS, wicked accurate.
I like Kuiu's sheeps head logo in the print and so far It's holding up fine. Sorry for the lousy iPhone pics, in the bottom picture the tan appears more white than it actually is.... tan in the top picture is correct

Best,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,960
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 1,960
I said it before, it's awesome Bob. Wonder if I could did my old B&C 7 mag stock.

Thanks again Scotty, sure, I've even seen truck wheels hydro-dipped!!!!
Depending on who you use , I think pricing for most places runs about $ 125- $200.
There may be a little extra $$ in there for the transfer print as well. IIRC, mine was a little under $200.
Best,

Cool. I dig that pattern on your rifle.

I'd like to have a woodland MARPAT on one of my rifles. Just for grins.

Guy Miner":1vaqozxe said:
That would be cool.

But, maybe not on an original pre-64... :grin:

Guy

Yeah, probably not on a Pre64 but I could do it for the Newton! That would be cool as heck I think. It's eventually getting Cerrakoted anyhow. Might as well dress up the McMillan.

LOST CAMO
DSCN2195.jpg

DSCN1569.jpg

NATURAL GEAR
DSCN1422.jpg

DSCN1423.jpg

Wonderful stuff

Local smith but I think he's moved on. IF they have experience then dipping is not rocket science, just an exercise in patience and preparation. They do need to have access to lots of patterns for you to choose from though.

IOW if you can find someone with lots of photos of completed projects, then you will probably get an excellent job

My brother does hydro-dipping and cera-coating at his gun shop in Modesto, CA. He has an awesome process where he hydro-dips the stock, then puts a layer of clear cera-coat over the dipped pattern. This makes it nearly impervious to the heavy scratching and peeling normally associated with thin hydro films.

I've got two stocks on the way, one in Kuiu and the other in NatGear.... pics when they get back...

Songdog
What is you brothers shop name?, does he have a web site?
Right now I'm just looking to get a 10/22 then have the stock done in camo pink for the little lady.

California Shooting Sports in Modesto

He just did an awesome pink camo stock on a .17 HMR. He has a couple pink camo patterns, it's one of the most popular 'colors' he dips.

Shoot me a PM and I'll give you his contact info.

Here's the website: Calshootsports.com

Stubby-1.jpg

A local guy and his wife do Hydro Graphics here near my home town. They did this one for my late wife. If I remember right it is Kings Desert Shadow.

Larry

Certainly a handsome pattern. Hydro-dipping allows the imagination to run wild on firearms.

That was the pattern my wife picked out. My wife and the lady that does the Hydro Graphics were really good friends and worked together at the Care Center for many years. All I had to do with the decision on the pattern was pay the $50.00 to have it done.

It is kind of ironic in that after my wife got sick and I had to sell just about all of our guns to pay bills this was the last one to go. The ironic part is the lady that did the Hydro Graphics on the gun ended up buying the .308 in the photo.

I bought this particular Remington 700 SPS Stainless used. The wife didn't like the long barrel so I had it shortened and recrowned to 18 1/2". I basically loaded two loads for this rifle. One was a reduced load I took straight from the Hodgdon Web Site under their youth data section, 125gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips loaded with H-4895. The other load was for when I was lucky enough to get to shoot it and consisted of 45.0grs. Varget pushing 165gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips. We harvested Whitetails with both loads, all one shot kills with perfect bullet performance.

BTW after my Granddaughter shot her first deer with the wife's .308 the .308 was affectionately named STUBBY. Being my late wife was only 5'3" tall I asked my granddaughter if the name referred to grandma or the rifle and she would not answer me.

Larry

Back