how you get along

6 ARC, pockets are tight, but casehead expansion is so much that there is a distinct ring above the rim at the bottom of the die. Hornady brass do fine. Also having a problem with SRP 6.5 creed but that is probably my ignorance, didn't know it takes a different firing pin in most AR10's

I have been using Hornady for my stuff. What sorta loads are stretching them? I was pretty tough on my first batch and they seemed to live through it. Usually Starline has been better than Hornady in my experience.

I am wondering if making them from Grendel might be a better deal?

was running 2732 fps at 29.5 from a 22" 7.5 twist Satern barrel. 108 factory loads run 2658 in mine

Well that stinks , I’ve been liking my Starline brass in my 6mm Creed. With a 28” barrel I have no need to step on it to get good velocity , maybe that’s why it’s holding up well.

I've used Starline brass for years in several different rifle & handgun cartridges. It's always worked well. Just got some 44 mag & 30-06 cases. Hopefully they'll be trouble-free.

Hornady too has been great!

Guy

left is a hornady factory load fired, reloaded, fired at least 1X, and resized, right is a starline new bass fired 1X and resized
vVpUHwt.jpg

left is a hornady factory load fired, reloaded, fired at least 1X, and resized, right is a starline new bass fired 1X and resized
vVpUHwt.jpg
Would you happen to know what the headspace is on the new brass? What is the difference of headspace between the new and fired brass if you have any new brass left?

Would you happen to know what the headspace is on the new brass? What is the difference of headspace between the new and fired brass if you have any new brass left?
I do not. the brass do fine with starting loads, but once you load a top level load every case fired is toast. Look at the shoulder on the right case, its still rounded, not as sharp as the hornady. That concerns me, the front end of the case is not fully formed but the casehead is expanded a bunch

Last edited:
I have not had this experience on Starline, but I also have only used it for pistol brass. For that, I can use rather stout loads. I also do not have experience with the 6 ARC, so please, bear all that in mind.

It may be an illusion from the picture, but it looks to me as though the brass on the right is somewhat shorter than the brass on the left. I assume that it is within spec for brass trim-to length? My supposition is that perhaps you are developing excessive pressure due to seating depth, or some dimensional issue with the brass. Do you have a piece of unloaded, unfired Starline you can put a picture of for comparison?

You should contact Starline and see what they say? They may want you to send them some of the brass so they can check it.

vVpUHwt.jpg
How does a fired Starline case web measurement compared to a fired Hornady’s before sizing?

I’ll have to check my fired brass but I haven’t noticed any difference yet.
Ive always had good experiences with them.
If I find anything I’ll let everyone know.

Back