Has anyone heard from April/Europe, Cheyenne, or Jamilia?

The last communication I had with April, she was quite ill and indicated that she wouldn't be posting any longer. Jamila indicated some harsh pushback from some who posted here, which gave her pause about posting. These ladies had been incredibly generous toward some on this forum, sending components that were difficult to find. They had been very generous toward some close friends, and when that became known there was complaining from some people who wanted "free guns" or "free components." Despite the contributions these ladies made, and despite their obvious knowledge, there were some men who were beating their chests as though no woman could do what they did, and that created some problems as the ladies were not keen to get in a spitting match. Cheyenne was recipient of some direct attack from some who posted on this forum. They had gone so far as to write to the federal government, who happens to write Cheyenne's pay cheque for the work she does on behalf of the government. She survived the investigation, but it created such a sour taste that her husband insisted that she shouldn't post here any longer. All it takes are a few old curmudgeons who insist that only those who pee standing up can know anything about guns and/or hunting. The thing that kept the ladies posting as long as they did were the moderators acting with dispatch when they became aware of problems and the unreserved support from many men who do post here. Still, they were not eager to expose themselves to the hostility of a few, most of whom no longer post here in any case.

The last communication I had with April, she was quite ill and indicated that she wouldn't be posting any longer. Jamila indicated some harsh pushback from some who posted here, which gave her pause about posting. These ladies had been incredibly generous toward some on this forum, sending components that were difficult to find. They had been very generous toward some close friends, and when that became known there was complaining from some people who wanted "free guns" or "free components." Despite the contributions these ladies made, and despite their obvious knowledge, there were some men who were beating their chests as though no woman could do what they did, and that created some problems as the ladies were not keen to get in a spitting match. Cheyenne was recipient of some direct attack from some who posted on this forum. They had gone so far as to write to the federal government, who happens to write Cheyenne's pay cheque for the work she does on behalf of the government. She survived the investigation, but it created such a sour taste that her husband insisted that she shouldn't post here any longer. All it takes are a few old curmudgeons who insist that only those who pee standing up can know anything about guns and/or hunting. The thing that kept the ladies posting as long as they did were the moderators acting with dispatch when they became aware of problems and the unreserved support from many men who do post here. Still, they were not eager to expose themselves to the hostility of a few, most of whom no longer post here in any case.
Thanks for the update , to bad some knuckleheads had to ruin their time here.

I was informed who the guilty parties bellyaching against the ladies were, and I don't believe any of them still post here. Actually, most of them didn't post all that much. One of those who was so low was actually somewhat knowledgeable. The others were generally keyboard ballisticians who were destined to blow their fingers off. I think they slunk over from some other forums and saw an opportunity to stir up trouble. I don't recall anyone responding to their posts in a positive fashion, but apparently they did attempt to communicate with the ladies in negative fashion. I was aware that on a few occasions the moderators were rather pointed in putting an end to the negativity, and doing so openly.

I was informed who the guilty parties bellyaching against the ladies were, and I don't believe any of them still post here. Actually, most of them didn't post all that much. One of those who was so low was actually somewhat knowledgeable. The others were generally keyboard ballisticians who were destined to blow their fingers off. I think they slunk over from some other forums and saw an opportunity to stir up trouble. I don't recall anyone responding to their posts in a positive fashion, but apparently they did attempt to communicate with the ladies in negative fashion. I was aware that on a few occasions the moderators were rather pointed in putting an end to the negativity, and doing so openly.
This is sad, hopefully the bellyachers were removed from the forum for good and the ladies will return.

Thanks Mike. I'm sorry to hear that about the ladies, particularly April. She has probably more knowledge on Africa then anyone on this board. I hope she pulls through whatever ailes her. I'm amazed someone would try to cause issues with someone's job like that. That is way beyond low IMO. Cheyenne also provided a very unique perspective because of what she does for a living. Something very few others would get to experience. Jamalia was fun as well. She, like April, has tons of African knowledge. I hope one day they come back because I know the vast majority here appreciated their input.

DrMike thanks on the up date about April. I will have her in my prayers for a full recovery.
Hopefully she is lurking and reading this conversation. I do miss all the ladies since I enjoyed their input and knowledge.

Dadgum shame it is! I really liked their insight and contributions to the conversation! They were a wealth of knowledge, polite, and humble! I miss their posting and especially their on game knowledge of the 300 H&H! Classy ladies they were for sure.
It’s wild that some fool filed a hurt feelings report because he felt slighted that he wasn’t given free chicken from them. I remember when FOTIS nuked that guy and banned him from the forum. I’m not a vindictive person, but I sure as hell was happy to see that guy go away!
V/R,
Joe

Dadgum shame it is! I really liked their insight and contributions to the conversation! They were a wealth of knowledge, polite, and humble! I miss their posting and especially their on game knowledge of the 300 H&H! Classy ladies they were for sure.
It’s wild that some fool filed a hurt feelings report because he felt slighted that he wasn’t given free chicken from them. I remember when FOTIS nuked that guy and banned him from the forum. I’m not a vindictive person, but I sure as hell was happy to see that guy go away!
V/R,
Joe
Joe you absolutely nailed it buddy!

Shoot me a text when you can!

This is a classic example of the shortcomings of internet forums. The anonymity afforded by the use of an alias emboldens the ethically weak spineless examples of our race to come out of the woodwork and ruin someone's day because they can. They don't have the 'nads to confront a person eyeball to eyeball.

I wish the ladies well.

Back