Good news in Idaho

Progress, to be sure. However, you can be certain that the granola crunchers and leaf lickers aren't finished with their search for sympathetic judges.

Well, we have quite a few of them slithering around here in British Columbia, as well.

Yes you do. My wife is from the lower mainland and I've spent a good deal of time in BC to see that for myself.

DrMike":1sbbhz9f said:
Well, we have quite a few of them slithering around here in British Columbia, as well.

Tell me about it. i am hearing about more packs of wolves seen that elk herds seen. There will be a couple of us hunting them around here this year.

Washington F&G just got caught smuggling wolves into northern Cascades with unauthorized money and no approval to plant wolves. The slithering leaf lickers think that they are always right and only obey laws that they like, kind of like Barry!

Good to hear Idaho is taking it to the next level.
In MI, the DNR just doesn't get it. We had our first wolf season this past Nov and the harvest was 50% successful (23 killed on a 43 quota). Its unclear if there will be a season this year and due to a severe winter kill of WT deer, there is fear that the wolves will be hit hard due to the lack of venison supply.

JD338

Ah that is too bad that some wolves might not make it Jim.

On another note if WA is bringing them closer to populations then the leaf lickers will get to see first hand how the little puppies are. I'd love to see them start snatching peoples dogs near Seattle and Tacoma. Can you imaging the poo storm that would start if someone like Bill Gates lost his prized poodle to a wolf.

IdahoCTD":3sxxldsx said:
Ah that is too bad that some wolves might not make it Jim.

On another note if WA is bringing them closer to populations then the leaf lickers will get to see first hand how the little puppies are. I'd love to see them start snatching peoples dogs near Seattle and Tacoma. Can you imaging the poo storm that would start if someone like Bill Gates lost his prized poodle to a wolf.

Yep, that'd make national headlines in the NYT! Seattle Times would be all over that story. It would lead on KIRO for weeks.

Yellow dog, all that I was able to find was an article on the appearance of (6) yearling wolf puppies with no adults in the pack over by Teanaway, WA. (Near Cle Elum) last year. The story has been redacted by the press, so it now does not speculate about where the puppies came from with no pack adults and the fact that they were Canadian grey wolves which are not native to Washington.

The original goal for Idaho was reached in just a few years. Then the "leaf lockers" as Mike so accurately described them, got a couple of judges in their pocket and expanded that many times over. I doubt that I will walk the StanleyBasin country again in my life time with a rifle, chasing elk.

I wonder if there are some hunting groups in Idaho that could run a program for "donations" to the governor to expand that program.

That's a good idea Bill. I'm sure they could raise some serious cash if they knew it was to rid us of as many wolves as possible. A million or two a year would go a long ways towards reducing the population and keeping it in check. That's a lot of full time trappers. The ranchers would probably be a big donator as well.

Gents,
I seem to recall Guy reporting that he heard one around his place. There's a great article, in Elk Hunter magazine I believe, detailing some of the parasites carried by wolves and introduced to elk herds. It's very similar to trichinosis. As if wolf predation wasn't enough, you can now add parasitism to the list detracting from current elk populations.
Joe

Back