funnel

Just got a new RCBS Funnel set with the drop tube and different caliber adapters.
Plastic works for me.

I've been using the same RCBS plastic funnel for years with no issues what so ever. Works great for me.

$24.99 compared to $7.99 at Cabelas for something that does the same job without any issues? I'll stick with my RCBS.

But to each his own.

I've not had a problem with the "plastic crap funnel".

The only issue I've had has been a little static electricity but that is easily remedied by wiping the funnel with a dryer sheet before I start a loading session.
Besides, I'm cheap and still have the first dollar I made. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I needed to spend a couple of extra dollars to get my discount so even though I have still have my 40yr old RCBS Funnel I started with I've always wanted a drop tube so I got the RCBS $9.89 kit.

I have a set of the Satern Aluminum Funnels. I seldom use them as they will permit spillage if you aren't careful. I use a set of Frankfort Arsenal plastic funnels for almost all my work.

DrMike":3ewcahpl said:
I have a set of the Satern Aluminum Funnels. I seldom use them as they will permit spillage if you aren't careful. I use a set of Frankfort Arsenal plastic funnels for almost all my work.
How so on the spillage?

Metal funnels are nice and I have some old copper funnels from back in the old days before plastic became popular and they were made to fit the inside of the case neck which eliminated spillage. When I bought my first and only RCBS press it came with a plastic funnel that fit all calibers and worked like a charm except for use with a drop tube and that is a different story. The new RCBS funnel with drop tube and caliber adapters is really nice and eliminates the chance for spillage. You can still spill powder but you have to be careless to do it.

I've always used plastic a d haven't had any issues.

JD338

velvetant":nm0dxz4s said:
DrMike":nm0dxz4s said:
How so on the spillage?

Don't set properly on the neck. I use them occasionally, but prefer the Frankfort Arsenal set.

I will be ordering some from Frankfort Arsenal this week:)!!
Thanks for the information guys.

Blessings,
Dan

Back