First deer

Congratulations on your first deer. The first deer is always a milestone. I wish you many more.

Dan

ET, [emoji1]really happy for you sticking with it. I had 4 years of 0 before my first. I got it with a bow in December. It was the dominant doe in a group of 9, I had to shoot through a hole the size of a 32"tv. The pack ran behind her and messed up the tracks bad. The pack turn left into the swamp and I followed them in and walked for 45 minutes .. fresh snow is great! Eventually I went back to the beginning. She ran straight... I was with 15 yards when I turned the wrong way, she only ran about 35 yards. I butchered her too like you. My wife is so great. After a hunt, she always excitedly asks.. Ya get one! should I put on the lard an onions? First 4 deer were all does... got my first buck in the 10th year...

All this to Say.. Congratulations! I admire your persistence! I love your willingness to immerse yourself and butcher too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":p8603gyk said:
ET, [emoji1]really happy for you sticking with it. I had 4 years of 0 before my first. I got it with a bow in December. It was the dominant doe in a group of 9, I had to shoot through a hole the size of a 32"tv. The pack ran behind her and messed up the tracks bad. The pack turn left into the swamp and I followed them in and walked for 45 minutes .. fresh snow is great! Eventually I went back to the beginning. She ran straight... I was with 15 yards when I turned the wrong way, she only ran about 35 yards. I butchered her too like you. My wife is so great. After a hunt, she always excitedly asks.. Ya get one! should I put on the lard an onions? First 4 deer were all does... got my first buck in the 10th year...

All this to Say.. Congratulations! I admire your persistence! I love your willingness to immerse yourself and butcher too!

Thank you! I'm a do it yourself kind of guy. In not so many words, I'm a cheapskate. I learn to do it on my own. Why pay someone my hard earned time for something I'm capable of. Next year, if I transfer, I hope to find somewhere I can hunt again and hopefully by bow! Gotta up the stakes!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Congrats! No matter how many you kill that first one will always be the one you never forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a fun thing, I have two sons. That doe I took with the bow? I borrowed it from my oldest boy. The oldest borrowed my muzzleloader for his first. The youngest borrowed his brothers Buick and 3006 for his first....we found it really funny, we all had multiple years of hunting, but we ALL got our first with something borrowed!

That's awesome! Truth be known, I borrowed my dad's rifled barrel to use on my maverick 88 to take this doe. How's that for funny?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Congrats on your first Deer! I've taken my share with a Mossberg trophy slugster using 2 3/4 Remington copper sabots. The Buckhammer slugs drop em in their tracks too.

Back