Finally Took The Step

killdeernow

Beginner
Dec 20, 2006
Well, I finally got the courage and sent off my Rem 700 in 300 SAUM to Hart Rifle Barrels to get it rebarreled, the action squared and lugs lapped. I'm also having a Jewell trigger and Vais muzzle brake installed.

That along w/the McMillan stock should fire a few in roughly the same location.

My wife said it would be my Christmas present. Why you ask? 36 week turnaround time. Not a typo, 36 weeks. They must be good if they have that much work.

But I'm still pretty pumped. This will be my first custom barrel.

Congratulations. It's a good move on your part. Good smiths are plenty busy because they are in demand.

I would bet if Bobby Hart is working it, you will be more than pleased! Sounds like it should be a real shooter when you get it back. Scotty

Good for you! I've never heard anyone say they weren't happy they did. I have my first re-barrel job in to E.R.Shaw now . They said 16 weeks or so. The clock starts ticking.

killdeernow

Congratulations on your project. Hart makes an excellent barrel and I am sure you will be pleased with your rifle.
Let us know how she shoots when you get her back.

JD338

I heard good things/reviews about Hart so off it went. I'll keep you guys posted on how it shoots...I'll even post pictures of the target like a few of you do (don't expect me to be as good). If I'm that bad, I'll move it to 25 yards and claim I shot it at 100!!!

If I'm that bad, I'll move it to 25 yards and claim I shot it at 100!!!

Nah, just use a 30 calibre pencil. Otherwise, you have to explain the powder burns.

My USAF buddy had Bobby build him a 30 hart. It shoots in the .2's

Yup, long wait, but should be a fine rifle when you get it back in hand.

Have patience...

Back