Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lehigh Defense

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Berger

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other o

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
Sierra - great experience with their products over decades. Nosler is my favorite though I do have some Norma bullets on hand but my experience with Sierra has been good. I’ve used a few Hornady bullets but not that many though they do seem to have been best at meeting product demand through the recent shortages.

Hornady: I love their A-Max and ELD-M for deer, antelope, and prairie dogs. Accurate in my guns, Good BC, and they kill well. Cost is reasonable too.
For competition matches such as 600/1000 yard Benchrest and F-Class: Berger is my favorite bullet, not counting the custom bullet makers. Sierra would be next.

Last edited:
I picked Speer when they're available. Their bullets shoot well in just about everything I've tried them in, they have proven to be good on game, and they are cost effective. That said, I'm not a purist and also use Sierra, Hornady, Barnes, Nosler, and Swift.

How I am, I'll shoot whatever as in my opinion when it comes to things like deer, they all will work with about the same affects. I like Hornady but have probably shot more Speer.

If I had to pick I'd say Hornady for at least reasonable cost, along with availability and performance.

Hornady, great performance, available, fair prices, ( Nosler has gone into outer space with the Partition prices). I don't buy bullets from ANYONE in bags of 50!
Never did never will!
E

I like Hornady a lot nowadays, reasons are availability, prices are reasonable for 100 pieces compared to Nosler's 50, they are accurate bullets. High BC as well. Great hunting bullet at long distances.
As for Berger, they are accurate and consistent but they are dang expensive. I do like the accuracy of the Bergers and the BC is great. Never hunted with the Hunt VLD yet but have a box of the 6.5 VLD 140's and the 30 caliber 210's. I might try the 6.5 Hunt VLD in the 6.5 x 284 one day for a hunt. Yet need to try the 210's for the 300.
As for Sierra, The Matchkings are pretty accurate as well for target shooting, I rarely use the GameKings but are great for hunting out to 300 yards.
As for Nosler, I do love the Nosler Ballistic Tips for hunting, great bullets and I won't stop using them for hunting since I have 10 boxes of 120 and ten more for the 140 stashed for the 6.5 plus 8 boxes of 165 for the 308 and 6 boxes of 150's as well, plus 4 of the 180's for the 300 including the Accubonds.
But overall, Hornady is my pick and I look forward in the future to start buying Hornady bullets if Nosler does not step up in matching Hornady's prices according to piece count per box.
As for matches, which I'm getting the itch nowadays, I'll pick Berger and Hornady ELD-M's as 2nd choice. I have yet to try the Vapor Trails in the 6 BR. Matchkings is last choice when it comes to matches, due to lack of consistency on the ogive from bullet to bullet.

Nosler made most of my favorite bullets for a long time but now that they're extremely hard to find, I have ventured out to using more of several competing products.

I've been shooting a lot of Berger bullets and have just purchased a load of Hornady match bullets to see how they compare. Hornady bullets are available and reasonably priced, so if they shoot competitively, I'll stick with them for a while.

For hunting - I was a diehard AccuBond shooter but now use Hammer bullets almost exclusively. I don't shoot that many bullets while actually hunting so the cost of a hunting bullet is almost irrelevant.

Other: Hammers. Easy to find accuracy, generally higher velocities, low to no meat damage while being stupid effective, always available, and the Hammer Trail™

Speer, everything I've shot them out of was plenty accurate and effective on game for my purposes. Also think they have the best loading manuals as well.

As of lately speer has been my best option. In my area i've been finding good stock and the prices is alot lower than the rest of the competition. They shoot great in my rifles and have proven themselves reliable preformers with the velocities im pushing.

Speer, Hornady and Barnes depending on the caliber and application. Lower pricing and availability also factors for consideration.

JD338

I picked Sierra because I have probably shot more of them then any other except for Nosler. Nosler BT and Sierra have always been the easiest for me to get good accuracy out of. Lately due to availability I have shot a good deal of Hornady and have gotten some good groups but usually have to work a little more at it than the Nosler's and Sierra's.

Back