EBERLESTOCK ARSC-CP (Scope cover and crown protector)

Palouser

Handloader
Jan 20, 2012
Has anyone used one of these? I am probably going to buy one. I took a couple of tumbles this year, one stuffing some dirt in my muzzle requiring me to stop and clean my rifle, thought this may be a good way to eliminate that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 1,580
Really? Tape won't change your zero at all? Good idea and cheap! The only problem is tape won't prevent this. Hard to explain where I hunt, probably no worse than where the rest of you hunt but pretty treacherous and go down more often than I'd like.

It would be a pain to remove and if you spooked something, it would be impossible to get off in time to shoot. However, might be useful sometimes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,560
Yup, you can get all sorts of cool goodies for your rifle. Buddy of mine is actually making a living coming up with and selling "tactical" nylon & velcro goodies for rifles, much like the one you showed.

He's got quite the industrial sewing machine and is making stuff like that, and more, for several years now.

The tape over the muzzle though, that's a great little tool. I always have a roll of black electrician's tape in my hunting pack and often tape-over the muzzle of my rifle. Doesn't keep dings & dents from happening, but... they're hunting rifles. Stuff happens.

Guy

Electrician's tape works great for keeping all matter of things out of your barrel!! Great to tie on tags with as well and a thousand other uses.

Electrician's tape works great for keeping all matter of things out of your barrel!! Great to tie on tags with as well and a thousand other uses.

I keep an extra piece of electricians tape behind my scope ring(s) around my scope as backup for the piece over the muzzle and a secondary purpose of letting me know if my rings are coming loose and I need to tighten my screws. The tape has worked down to the coldest I've been out- -20 below.

Elberstock is so darn expensive!

Types by my thumbs, autocorrected.by tapatalk.

Palouser":3ka567hm said:
So guy, of the $49.99 you just saved me what's your cut?

Just round it up to $50, send it here, and we're good... :mrgreen:

That's what friends are for...

Palouser, skimmed through the responses and did not see your question about zero addressed. The most accurate rifle I ever owned was an HS PRECISION in 308. It was my duty rifle for five years or so and easily shot under 1/2 moa. I never tested the tape zero past 300 yards but out to 300 there was no discernible change to my cold barrel zero. I was so confident in the zero I deployed with the muzzle taped. I always tape up the muzzle hunting as well.
If you're going to be bringing your rifle into the tent at night I would remove the tape to avoid condensation.
Don

salmonchaser":yymzuc9a said:
Palouser, skimmed through the responses and did not see your question about zero addressed. The most accurate rifle I ever owned was an HS PRECISION in 308. It was my duty rifle for five years or so and easily shot under 1/2 moa. I never tested the tape zero past 300 yards but out to 300 there was no discernible change to my cold barrel zero. I was so confident in the zero I deployed with the muzzle taped. I always tape up the muzzle hunting as well.
If you're going to be bringing your rifle into the tent at night I would remove the tape to avoid condensation.
Don

Thanks Don, that is good to know!

I've fired several taped barrels cold bore and popped coyotes out to 300 yards. No problems. If your looking to protect your scope look at one of those scabbard packs pretty slick.

Back