Doctors Requesting Information on Gun Ownership

Oldtrader3

Ammo Smith
Nov 6, 2009
Apparently there is another Obama Executive Order, issued to doctors requesting information about patient's ownership of guns. I was at the doctor's office (my GP) yesterday and the Medical Assistant asked me if I owned any guns? I told her that it was "none of her business" and no!

Apparently, this question has been put in by Executive Order from The Inquisitor-Oblamer to be asked of any Medicare patient. Aiming for taking guns from any patient who has ever had any treatment for any stress related diseases. Good grief, what is next from this administration?

Hmmmmm! Didn't Benghazzhio promise that doctors would not ask about gun ownership after the first blow-up over this issue? I consider this cartoon appropriate for your experience, Charlie.

Another interesting medical dilemma is service members coming home, needing some attention, but afraid to get psychological help because they'll get labeled as unfit to get a concealed weapons permit or to even buy a firearm.

Guy

DrMike, you hit it with that cartoon! I did just say no but again they are stepping on our freedoms which are in the Bill of Rights! How do we get rid of this guy and disenfranchise the IRS from being the S.S. of our government?

My patients tell me yes, and then we compare firearms. :mrgreen:

Seriously, this is not a question we ask at our office.

I have a gun on when I go to the Dr.
I do not take it off for a routine visit and they can work around it while listening to my chest or lungs. If I need to get in to an "I See U" gown, the gun comes off, covered by my clothing on the chair. Ask me the question and I'll probably tell you, "No."
Surmise what you want from my answer, but I'm not concerned about any firearms in my home.

I am wondering when the VA will disclose patients name to the thugs wanting the Veterans guns that have been treated at VA Mental Health Facilities? If that has not already been done :) as I know it was being passed around ?

HOGWILD338-378":abrts7c3 said:
I am wondering when the VA will disclose patients name to the thugs wanting the Veterans guns that have been treated at VA Mental Health Facilities? If that has not already been done :) as I know it was being passed around ?

...it's already being done, in fact, there was a VA doctor (psychologist) who admitted he received a $3K bonus for each vet he diagnosed as "troubled" & these vets are automatically entered into the NICS as ineligible...

If Your Doctor Asks You About Guns, Do You Have to Answer?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013
index

Stuart Varney said this morning on “Varney & Co.” that one of his producers was given a questionnaire with some surprisingly intrusive questions on it when he switched doctors. One of the questions was whether he/she was concerned about unsecured weapons in the home. Another asked whether he/she was “in a relationship in which you have been physically hurt or are you afraid of your partner?”

Judge Andrew Napolitano explained that the question about guns comes out of a post-Sandy Hook executive order by President Obama, but it will be required under Obamacare. Varney expressed amazement that these questions are being asked, but Napolitano made an important observation.

Read more: http://patriotupdate.com/2013/05/if-you ... z2Tzh6tqHz

Excellent post, Charlie. Knowing some of the physicians who were in school at the same time I was there, I can only wonder if there will be retaliation should one refuse to answer. Is the US moving toward a UK form of medicine in which you are assigned physicians rather than choosing physicians?

I visited my Doctor this past week and during one of our conversations I asked him about the gun ownership subject. My Doctor is down to earth, enjoys the outdoors and doesn't give two hoots about the clown in the white House. His comment was "asking someone if they own a firearm is not my business and I would tell anyone who is working for me in this office it is not their business, end of story". I really liked that answer and our Governor has stated that Florida will not follow that rule and has passed a law preventing it. Moving to Florida from Connecticut was one of my better ideas.

Apparently if you are on Medicare, As I am, it is required that you be asked these intrusive questions. It is being rolled out across the country.

That what I said: "I am not telling you that, it is none of your business"! I am 69 also and I do not think that seniors constitute a danger to the public. Has anybody ever heard of a senior on SS and MC shooting anyone who is not a home invader?

Oldtrader3":krxvwci0 said:
Has anybody ever heard of a senior on SS and MC shooting anyone who is not a home invader?

One of our fellow hunters almost shot our guide with an accidental discharge in Nov 2011; does that count? :shock:

Nope, that is not intentional, just a senior moment or something. I understand that JOC nearly shot himself and a few friends accidentally while telling stories in his latter years.

Let's just say that after a few too many senior moments the last 2 years - including other unsafe ones - he's no longer on our "hunting partner" list...

Back