Colorado Springs

BK

Handloader
Dec 14, 2008
I'm heading to my cousin's wedding next week, and though I used to live there about 10 years ago, I was curious if there was anything gunny and new I might want to see. I think I'll have Saturday reasonably free, outside of some family commitments in the early AM.

There's going to be a gun show on the 9th and 10th. I don't know if it's a good one or not. The LPGA tour is at the Broadmoor until the 10th as well if you're into golf.

I'm actually going to be there the next weekend, so I can avoid the tourney.

I went into a shop off of Fountain called Specialty Sports http://specialtysportsandsupply.com/ and let me tell you guys, I was just about wetting my pants. My dad counted over 120 over-under shotguns. Scotty and Doc Mike would have been in heaven, as there was probably 15 feet of M70 sporter-weight rifles. And they were separate from the heavy barreled rigs. I would guess they had over 2k long guns, Probably a half-dozen .50 BMGs. I am guessing 40+ feet of scopes in the case. Probably over 100 1911-pattern pistols. Probably over 300 EBRs (evil black rifles). My knees were seriously shaking. I'm kinda kicking myself now for not getting any pictures. The reloading department was a little weak, though.

BK":ifto79c9 said:
I went into a shop off of Fountain called Specialty Sports http://specialtysportsandsupply.com/ and let me tell you guys, I was just about wetting my pants. My dad counted over 120 over-under shotguns. Scotty and Doc Mike would have been in heaven, as there was probably 15 feet of M70 sporter-weight rifles. And they were separate from the heavy barreled rigs. I would guess they had over 2k long guns, Probably a half-dozen .50 BMGs. I am guessing 40+ feet of scopes in the case. Probably over 100 1911-pattern pistols. Probably over 300 EBRs (evil black rifles). My knees were seriously shaking. I'm kinda kicking myself now for not getting any pictures. The reloading department was a little weak, though.

Wow, that is the kind of temptation I do not need! Nice to look though! Scotty

I'm glad I don't shop in more gun shops than I do. I'd have to get a third job!

About 5 years ago, I bought a 686 4" like brand new in the box with all the paperwork from Specialty Sports for $350. Have not seen a better deal than that in there since. They sure have a ton of guns too look through!

Back