Christmas rifle

Woodycreek

Handloader
Aug 2, 2007
I was happy just getting these from the wife.

We let kids open all their presents and then the wife pulls a big box from behind the tree. Huh? I get the wrapping paper off and its a Savage box. Huh...ok?

Not a Savage!

Never would have thought she would have a custom rifle built for me! She had lots of help from friends on here and the LEL gang. Thanks guys! I tried my best to figure out what it was with no luck.

Opened up the second box and bingo!

6x47 Lapua on a Rem 700 with a 24" Brux 1-8" twist barrel, B&C stock, PT&G bottom metal, AI mag, Cerakoted by Scotty, and a killer trigger.

Scotty sent me more than enough QL data for a starting point. Plan on running 105 Amaxs with H4350. Should have my mount and rings by Friday!

Not bad, Brian. Not bad at all. Hey, I would think you owe Holly big time. About the Hawaii vacation... :grin:

DrMike":3pcltd4h said:
Not bad, Brian. Not bad at all. Hey, I would think you owe Holly big time. About the Hawaii vacation... :grin:

Uh........NO! You should see the ring on her finger :wink:

Nice.
Sweet chambering also.
Heckuva wife and pretty good friends if I may say so. :grin:
Good for you! Enjoy!
Dewey

That looks like a very well thought out gun, congrats on such a wonderful gift from your wife and having great friends that know a thing or two about rifles. Looks to be a mid weight barrel so should carry nicely.

Man, that is awesome. Great looking setup.

I love them freakin' cookies. I eat about 5.2 million calories worth of those every time they come out.

WOW! Sweet rifle.. I can't wait to hold it and see what it feels like! :lol:

Great gift and a sweet rifle...but your wife is a keeper and the best thing you've got!

Now that is a real thoughtful and loving wife :mrgreen: you are a lucking man my friend. The calibre is a great one as well.
Look forward to range reports with photos of course :wink:
Great Christmas present!!!

Blessings,
Dan

Brian,

That is awesome buddy, congratulations on one heck of a rifle.
Holly hit it out of the park......you owe her big time. ;)

JD338

Merry Christmas indeed. I think you should keep the rifle and the wife. If that's not true love I don't know what is.
Congrats Brian

Thanks guys! It's an awesome gift for sure! She did have lots of help from friends on here and on loneeaglelodge.com. She did get a very nice gift and I think we are even :mrgreen:

VERY NICE RIG!!!! Couldnt be a better Xmas gift. I am planning on something similar, although it will be on a CRF action

What are you scoping it with?

FOTIS":3vpb7hqr said:
Like we did not know! Enjoy it!

I'm still amazed at how many friends knew about this and kept it a complete secret.

ScreaminEagle":3vpb7hqr said:
Never let her go!

That's a nice rifle too

Think I should hang on to her :mrgreen:

ajvigs":3vpb7hqr said:
Woodycreek":3vpb7hqr said:
Thinking Zeiss HD5 3-15x42 with the turrets?

Good choice. I am very fond of Zeiss. Is she a hunting rig or paper puncher?

Both and a LR steel ringer. Maybe a P dog killer in 2014?

Back