Burris Scopes

GooseHunter Jr

Beginner
Jun 2, 2005
I have a Burris 3x12x44 Signature Series scope on back order for a while and am starting to get a little impatient. What do you think the difference would be if I went with 4x16x44. I do alot of hunting in the mountains where the range could go from 100yds to 400....not that I am going to take a 400 yd shot.....300 about it for me.

The Burris is a great scope and the power thing is almost like religion or polotics. A 4x16 is fine. The more power on the top end the better as long as the low end gives you enough field of view. Obviously 4 power is just fine. The idea that too much power will somehow cause you use it for a spotting scope or that there is some kind of machisamo about only using the least possible power is a bunch of antiquated folk lore. The quality of today's scopes, especially at the Burris level of quality, is not going to change center of target as you go through the power range and what you saw in the spotting scope has now moved around in the bushes with the other animals and, which one was I looking at? Of couse now they are all in the bushes as you re aquire them in the spotting scope. To make a long story short , GO FOR IT! I have a 4.5x14 Burris and I love it.

Well good news my scope can in yesterday.....I got the 3x12x44 and I love it.....cannot wait to get her mounted up!!!

Back