Bittersweet Projectile Haul

5shot

Handloader
Jan 13, 2016
If you have ever been to Spokane, and you have any inclination to hunt or fish, you have likely heard of the White Elephant. After 75 years they have decided to close up. Prices now are pretty ridiculous., if you can find something you need.

Here is my haul of bullets and mounts. $150 out the door. Picked up 2,000 Fed 155M Primers for $18.

50252230806_f82acbe140_b.jpg

Sadly this is the last trip I'll get to make there.

Looks as if you did quite well. Congratulations. Sorry to hear that they are closing shop, though.

Yeah...hard to believe. Over the years that was the place to go for everything. My first pellet rifle, pocket knife, etc were all bought there. Thousands of primers, bullets and untold pounds of powder too.

We used to go to Lolo Sporting goods in Lewiston Idaho. Speer bullet, seconds were sold in paper sacks. Have not been back there for years

5shot":2xqizmo5 said:
Guy...

They have Sierra 300grn .375s for $9 a box.

Well, that's a great buy - but I'm not going to be able to get there.

Thanks though. (y)

It was more of a "Hey...let me know if you want me to pick them up for you". I don't know if they will be open next week or not.

5shot":3ln84ive said:
It was more of a "Hey...let me know if you want me to pick them up for you". I don't know if they will be open next week or not.

If you didn’t mind shipping them, I’d take 5 boxes of them and pay for shipping of course. That’s a bargain for fire form loads.

I’ve had similar hauls from a few estate sales. I hate to see established sporting goods stores go out of business. We tend to be faithful to the few we have years of experience with. I once got a .36 caliber TC Seneca at an estate sale for $65. I still have it. There wasn’t a scratch on it. It was and still is a beautiful little squirrel rifle. For those that know, that’s an obscenely low price for the rifle. I was rushing to get it to the truck before someone got upset. Lol. It was all on the up and up but I still felt like a bandit. You got a great deal on your supplies. Sorry to hear they are closing the doors.

SJB358":3kg93zr1 said:
5shot":3kg93zr1 said:

If you didn’t mind shipping them, I’d take 5 boxes of them and pay for shipping of course. That’s a bargain for fire form loads.

If they are going to open for one last hurrah I will grab them for you.

5shot":3mn185p0 said:
SJB358":3mn185p0 said:
5shot":3mn185p0 said:

No problem, let me know. Thanks for looking out.

SJB358":3jmmssa5 said:
5shot":3jmmssa5 said:
SJB358":3jmmssa5 said:
5shot":3jmmssa5 said:

No problem, let me know. Thanks for looking out.

Well, no joy. They have the for sale signs up and must have cleared out everything that past weekend.

They were the only place in town I could find Staball. The General Store just up the street is getting out of reload too. Bought a dozen boxes of Hornady Eld x and match for $7 box and some powders for $6 to $14 a lb. They still have some powders, but not at the great prices. Gonna be down to Sportsmans warehouse and north 40's meager selections. Even Cabelas over in post falls has only a handful of kinds.

Are other places so low on powder varieties?

Back