Best scope for 1000-2000 dollars

It depends on what the rifle is used for. For long range hunting/target shooting you'd be hard pressed to beat a Nightforce. For a scope that isn't being dialed up and down all the time the European scope have the best glass and they are typically lighter than a Nightforce.

not sure what you're wanting to do with this scope , but if this would work for you , cabelas has a zeiss HD5 3-15 for $600 . I think this is about half price .

Almost any scope in the $1000 to $2000 range will serve you well. Your primary use of the scope will dictate in some measure which brand and which power options to consider. Currently, I have Leupold, Leica, Kahles, Zeiss and Swarovski scopes on my rifles. I've had B&L, Bushnell and Vortex. Each of these companies have provided good quality scopes that met the criteria I had set. I have no doubt that other companies provide equally quality scopes. Your price range allows you a great variety of quality scopes.

...like they said, "Depends"...

...personally...

...I wouldn't put a 29oz. NightForce on a 5 1/4# ultralite mt. rifle...
...I wouldn't put a 1.5X4 on a dedicated varmint rig...
...I wouldn't put a 6.5X20 on a .30-30...

...all the 'sizes', weight, options, reticles, doohickies, whizzbangs available on qualities scopes now, might as well match up the intended use of the rifle w/ the scope best suited for the task...

...p.s. when choosing a scope consider if it's going to 'fit' your rifle. For example, a lot of the 'compact' scopes available won't fit a long action w/o some type of extended mount & really limit your eye relief adjustment. Some scope w/ oversized objectives, that fit fine in low rings may require 'high' or even 'extra high' rings for the bolt handle to clear the eyepiece. Choose the best combination of features that best suits your needs...

+1 to the above advice. Dialing Nightforce, which they have three compact models 2.5-10x24/32/42 or the ATACR models. I own and love my K312 Kahles, I've seen these go for $1,500.00 which is cheap and the best glass money can buy, dial correct and great eye box.

The Leupold VX-6 3-18x44mm is a solid performer as well.

JD338

For myself my first pick would be the VX6 as I truly like the Leupold scopes. But as everyone else has stated there are many fine manufacturers out as optics are getting better and better. Another one I have not seen mentioned is the Meopta which is also getting some great reviews.

Blessings,
Dan

I am incredibly happy with my Steiner scope. German Glass but made in Greeley CO(Burris owned now) MSRPs range from 1-3k but can be had for way less. T5 series is impressive.

Schmidt and Bender....May not always fit your need, but realistically as fine as scope as is made in the word today...Do most people need a 2-3k, 1.5-6x42 or 3-12x50 hunting scope - no - but you did say the best!

I'm have been looking really hard at the Sightron SIII 6-24. It can be had for the bottom end of your price scale and the reviews comparing it to higher $ scopes seem to be favorable.

I have not been able to put my hands on one yet, so at this point it's all based on lots of hours of readying other peoples' thoughts.

All depends on what you are wanting to do with it though.

I'm have been looking really hard at the Sightron SIII 6-24. It can be had for the bottom end of your price scale and the reviews comparing it to higher $ scopes seem to be favorable.

I have not been able to put my hands on one yet, so at this point it's all based on lots of hours of readying other peoples' thoughts.

All depends on what you are wanting to do with it though.

Back