Barnes MRX bullets

Rem Jim

Handloader
Jan 7, 2012
I have a few boxes of Barnes MRX 180 gr-ers - I was thinking of using them in my 300 Weatherby - have any of you shot Game with them and if so how did they perform ? :?:

Cheers :) RJ

No one ever KILLED any Game with a barnes MRX :?: :shock: LOL

Cheers :) RJ

Lots of folks swear by Barnes bullets but what I'm hunting doesn't require that much penetration, in my opinion, so I've opted to not use them. My hunting partner swears by them and they seem to kill game dead so they must work.

I have never used the MRX but have used the TSX with great results. I've also had super accuracy with the TSX and TTSX in everything I've used them in. I'm currently using the TTSX in my 340.

I've worked up a couple of loads for others with the MRX. I can't say that I was overly impressed. I couldn't see that they shot better than TSX or TTSX. I have used quite a few TSX over the years to harvest a good representation of animals in my AO.

I'm using the TTSX in my 280 and they shoot great. I haven't taken anything with them yet, but hope to soon.

I bought two boxes of the 30 cal 165 grain MRX bullets about 6 years ago. Upon their arrival, I realized that they were boxes of 20 :oops: . Still have not worked up a load. The TTSX work very well in multiple rifles--central Kalifornia and down is copper only. They have accounted for about two dozen antelope from five different rifles of family members and several black tail deer. For some reason, I could not get the E-tips to shoot in a few of these rifles. My cousin has used them on well over a dozen hogs.

Thks for replys :) Yup - i use the TTSX bullets but i got a couple of boxes of 180 Gr 30 Cal MRX so thats why i was asking specifically about them - seems not many ever bought and used them - VERY pricey bullets ! :shock: Discontinued now ! :| They are supposed to be a VERY TOUGH bullet so i will load them in my 300 Weatherby and maybe fling one at a Moose or Elk this fall ! :grin:

Cheers RJ

Back